Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

87dtna

So you spend that much on a Titan, but you still only have an i5 and a 120GB SSD? FYI, the Titan is $1,249 here in the U.S. as well.

Because he's full of crap and doesn't actually have a titan.

Look on his imgur, he clearly games. It would take a complete and utter moron to buy a $1200 card when a $600 gtx 780 is only 10% less gaming performance (at the time he bought it).

OR, like I said, the gtx 770 can be had with the same heatsink as well, he may have actually only spent $400 on a 770 (or less if he bought it used). He may have bought a reference 770 so he could tell people he had a titan.

ninjabubbles3

Look on his imgur, he clearly games. It would take a complete and utter moron to buy a $1200 card when a $600 gtx 780 is only 10% less gaming performance (at the time he bought it).

OR, like I said, the gtx 770 can be had with the same heatsink as well, he may have actually only spent $400 on a 770 (or less if he bought it used). He may have bought a reference 770 so he could tell people he had a titan.

The PCB said Titan

linkin

VIP Member

I can see you're having trouble accepting that I actually DO have a Titan

(Excuse the dust)

svMdELo.jpg

KQHwYu8.jpg

87dtna

yay finally. OK I was wrong, but I'm still kind of laughing at the fact that you spent double what you needed to for 10% more performance (over a 780).

linkin

VIP Member
yay finally. OK I was wrong, but I'm still kind of laughing at the fact that you spent double what you needed to for 10% more performance (over a 780).

That's my problem and not yours :) Besides I wanted a Titan, and I could afford it

C4C

I'm laughing at the fact that you'd didn't belive him, preceded to post a fake image and lie about you having a Titan and then continue to harass him about his own choices. I will be honest with you: I don't like way you conduct yourself on this forum, but there's nothing I can do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
How come you didn't take a pic with it in your system? Anybody can show a picture of just a card. :rolleyes:

You didn't notice that the hi-fi setup in both pictures was the same? :cool:

I will be honest with you: I don't like way you conduct yourself on this forum, but there's nothing I can do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm in agreement. I used to think of you as a decent member in the past, but lately you've been very rude.

Geoff

VIP Member
That's my problem and not yours :) Besides I wanted a Titan, and I could afford it
It's just really strange that you would spend so much on a video card with such little difference over a card half the price, when you have a mid-ranged CPU and very low capacity SSD.

just a noob

It's just really strange that you would spend so much on a video card with such little difference over a card half the price, when you have a mid-ranged CPU and very low capacity SSD.

I don't know why anyone would spend so much on a pc you could just get an xbox 360 and some tv off the curb

linkin

VIP Member

Well the reasoning for buying a Titan was not having to upgrade every year. I mean aside from dual-gpu monstrosities, how many cards now are faster than the titan by a great margin? Very few if any, even the latest gen cards. It also has other features like double precision for floating point calculations (for use in matlab etc)

Aastii

VIP Member
Well the reasoning for buying a Titan was not having to upgrade every year. I mean aside from dual-gpu monstrosities, how many cards now are faster than the titan by a great margin? Very few if any, even the latest gen cards. It also has other features like double precision for floating point calculations (for use in matlab etc)

780Ti at a fraction of the cost ;)

You are correct, your choice, just seems to be a bad one i f gaming is your main priority. If you were doing a lot of double precision compute I could see the appeal because it is then very cheap for what it is, but you don't (from everything you have ever said at least).

Also dtna lmao, your bluff was called so beautifully. I am sure that Linkin will accept your apology for wrongfully attempting to label him a liar :)

87dtna

The 780 Ti wasn't released yet when he bought it.

I just didn't think anyone was dumb enough to spend almost double the price for under 10% better performance. But hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Does your daughter still fold with my old 9600GSO? :D

I gave that computer to my brother a few years ago. Not sure what happened to it...might have pawned it I am sure ;)

Scout.. What case fans are you running?! I love those red LEDs and I'm looking to replace my stock fans..

Just the Corsair LED fans, how many do ya need, I have a few extra I didn't even take out of the box. I won't do anything with them.

just a noob

The 780 Ti wasn't released yet when he bought it.

I just didn't think anyone was dumb enough to spend almost double the price for under 10% better performance. But hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong.

And this is coming from the guy with a built 4 cylinder in a car from 1988

87dtna

And this is coming from the guy with a built 4 cylinder in a car from 1988

Why is that derogatory? It's not like it's an 88 chevy caprice here, it's a Shelby Z daytona...a pretty rare car. And BTW, my 1988 car is faster than anybody elses car on this forum, by a lot lol. And to top that off, I only had to put about 6k in it to do that (thats including what I paid for the car )

Last edited:

just a noob

Why is that derogatory? It's not like it's an 88 chevy caprice here, it's a Shelby Z daytona...a pretty rare car. And BTW, my 1988 car is faster than anybody elses car on this forum, by a lot lol. And to top that off, I only had to put about 6k in it to do that (thats including what I paid for the car ;) )

"Only" 6k for a car from 1988, you could have gotten a Taurus or something that would get you from point a to point b for a lot less. And besides, how do we even know if it's your car?

Last edited: