Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Okay so I stripped my desktop down and cleaned it. It turns out the GPU flexes a little because I seem to be missing a screw for the backplate support bracket. I bought it used off someone from [H], so he either missed a screw installing it, or it was missing from the factory. In any case, I just noticed it. Even though that PSU connector corner sagged, it doesn't put any strain on the PCI-e slot, as the rear securing brackets (though tool-less) secure it in place very well. I also re-routed the rear fan and heatsink cables, as well as zip tied some things (including the corner of the GPU).

Sick... looks awesome

Got myself a bunch of new hardware for Christmas.

gorgeous, love the color scheme

I don't know why anyone would spend so much on a pc you could just get an xbox 360 and some tv off the curb

this

"Only" 6k for a car from 1988, you could have gotten a Taurus or something that would get you from point a to point b for a lot less. And besides, how do we even know if it's your car?

LOL

My rig is a mess atm. Haven't upgraded anything in 4 years and haven't really touched it in maybe a year. It def needs more love.

NVX_185

Thought I'd clean my case out, had been 2 years since I last did it. My hardware is 5 years old now, looking to upgrade it soon

Cleaning it up. Trusty old TP.
l7MjSym.jpg

The rig, mid-cleaning. Making sure I show off the SSD :D
vDssF0i.jpg

Finished, side fan off because it's quite noisy
NReqGyR.jpg

Aaand the desk setup.
hU7RYvf.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Ah I used to have an ASUS P7P55D-E board. It was an awesome board. Got mine used on eBay for about 80 quid in 2012 when I bricked my Foxconn board. Happy days. :)

I ran both boards with an i5 760 which was also an awesome CPU and very similar to your 750 but ran at a slightly higher stock clock (750 was 2.6GHz and 760 was 2.8GHz I think). I never overclocked my 760 though.

Your rig is looking nice and tidy! Looks like Socket 1156 has served you well! :good:

NikonGuy

banned
2mq5mzc.jpg

I know you guys advised against it.. But so far so good! Running basic things like chrome and the cpu temp monitor, its staying at 6c, with my stock fan idleing it was between 13 and 17c, and went to above 25c doing chrome. :good:
2d1o7sh.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Your CPU is running at 6C? That seems awfully low... what are you using to monitor the temps? I know sometimes with AMD systems the temperature programs are sometimes a bit unreliable and give very weird readings. It will be cool with a water cooling solution like yours, but probably not 6C at idle.

NikonGuy

banned
Your CPU is running at 6C? That seems awfully low... what are you using to monitor the temps? I know sometimes with AMD systems the temperature programs are sometimes a bit unreliable and give very weird readings. It will be cool with a water cooling solution like yours, but probably not 6C at idle.

Im using Core temp, CPUz, and HWmonitor. All at the same time btw. Now in chrome it's at 10c. Here is a screen shot.

spirit

Staff member
Im using Core temp, CPUz, and HWmonitor. All at the same time btw. Now in chrome it's at 10c. Here is a screen shot.

Hmm have had odd readings from CoreTemp and HWMonitor before. I had an AMD system once and one of them (HWMonitor?) said my system was running at 127C. They might just be reading the sensors on the motherboard incorrectly. What does the BIOS say?

I like to use RealTemp but that only works on Intel.

10C seems incredibly cool to me especially since you're using an all-in-one liquid cooling solution. Your cooler will be much better than the stock cooler, no doubt, but idling between 13 and 17C on the stock cooler seems very unlikely to me since most CPUs idle at about 40-50C on the stock cooler (and sometimes even higher!)

Do any AMD users (perhaps those who are into overclocking?) have any good suggestions for accurate CPU temperature monitors for AMD CPUs?

NikonGuy

banned
2qa73mq.jpg

Bios also says between 8-and 15c depending on when I turned on / off the computer

EDIT: also when I put my hand in my computer, it used to feel kinda warm, it's pretty damn cool now..

Is it possible, I bought a VortexHDB Hydro Dynamic Bearing fan to right away replace the stock fan that came with the watercooler. Could that be why it's cooling so well?

OK now it's saying 28c lol

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
28C seems much more like it. That's still very cool indeed but much more plausible than 10C which was probably your temperature monitors misreading the temperature sensors on your board.

NikonGuy

banned
28C seems much more like it. That's still very cool indeed but much more plausible than 10C which was probably your temperature monitors misreading the temperature sensors on your board.

So when my other monitor ( ive been using CoreTemp just downloaded HWmonitor today lol ) was saying 45C when playing a game on overclock it was probably pushing 90 lol... Thus why it always shut off, it has been over heating. My computer has not shut off ever since I installed this new watercooler. So maybe the problem was the overheating lol..

spirit

Staff member
^ Might well have helped, yes. :)

I only have experience with Intel stock coolers but going by what a lot of AMD users have been saying, the AMD stock coolers are hopeless.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah AMD stock coolers suck. I don't care for Intel's either, but they work I guess.