Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

87dtna

"only" 6k for a car from 1988, you could have gotten a Taurus or something that would get you from point a to point b for a lot less

LOL! Do you also think it's stupid that people buy a 1970 Hemi Challenger for 250k then? They could have bought a taurus!

First of all, it's not my daily driver. Second, it's a rare and classic car. This isn't a chevy caprice, it's a Shelby Z daytona. And thirdly, I haven't seen any taurus whip any Vette's lately.

And yes I only had to put about 6k in it to do that. By that token, I'm paying far less for much greater performance (the exact opposite of what Linkin did). So I don't see the point of your derogatory post, in fact it's about as much opposite of a comparison as you can get. So, good job in proving my point further lol.

Maybe you don't understand when I said ''that includes what I paid for the car''. I know you're not a rocket scientist, but maybe you could put together that I didn't pay 6k for the car....I actually only paid 1k for it, but have 5k in modifications to make it very fast.

But I actually have to put another grand into it though, you have to have a roll cage to run faster than 11.49 and since I'm pretty much there and was thinking of dabbling with Nitrous and going for 10's....well, thats what you have to do.

Last edited:

C4C

Why is that derogatory? It's not like it's an 88 chevy caprice here, it's a Shelby Z daytona...a pretty rare car. And BTW, my 1988 car is faster than anybody elses car on this forum, by a lot lol. And to top that off, I only had to put about 6k in it to do that (thats including what I paid for the car )

I'd like to race you when I graduate! Grandma's giving me $3k and I'm selling my Altima to get a Audi B5 S4... But I'm sure there's a few vehicles on this forum that could beat your dodge.. It sure looks like a sleeper according to google..

87dtna

lol ok. Yeah it's a sleeper, in stock form. But when you're making 3 times the stock horsepower, that just makes it fast ;)

To anyone that knows anything about cars/engines, I'll clue you in. I'm running 86lb fuel injectors and a 57 trim T04E turbo, and I might have to upgrade soon.

Last edited:

87dtna

So you're saying you spent $5k for a 20% increase in performance then?

lol @ your math.

300% genius.

But if you want to talk dumb yet again......there's people with mustangs camaro's and vette's that easily spend 5k on a supercharger system to gain ''only'' 20-30%. They must be incredibly dumb! Yet again proves my bang for the buck factor. Thanks!

Last edited:

87dtna

And I'm the one making derogatory comments. But are they spending 500% of the cars purchase price?

Are they buying a car with a blown engine? I did.

But once again, I'm still going faster than a vette with only 10-15% the cost. This whole argument is about dollars per performance.

Darren

Staff member
I'd like to race you when I graduate! Grandma's giving me $3k and I'm selling my Altima to get a Audi B5 S4... But I'm sure there's a few vehicles on this forum that could beat your dodge.. It sure looks like a sleeper according to google..

My roommate has an A4 from that generation with a 2.8L V6 and Quattro with a 5 speed. It's quick and fun in the corners.

(Sorry about being a dick earlier)

You get out of here with your nonsense. You're not supposed to apologize on the internet.

C4C

Are they buying a car with a blown engine? I did.

But once again, I'm still going faster than a vette with only 10-15% the cost. This whole argument is about dollars per performance.

You can get an LS1 for 8k ;)

+ is the power being put down? Poly mounts, proper suspension, road gripping tires?

You can make s**t tons of power but the question is if it's being used.

87dtna

You can get an LS1 for 8k ;)

+ is the power being put down? Poly mounts, proper suspension, road gripping tires?

You can make s**t tons of power but the question is if it's being used.

You forget that this car is front wheel drive. It would probably be another 8k just to properly do a RWD conversion. You would spend 2k alone on a good transmission, maybe more. Then you need an axle, driveshaft, brakes, body work, probably tubbed, etc etc.

The power I'm making is pretty much useless on the street. I have a street tune that ''only'' runs 20 PSI of boost on pump gas where I make about 300whp. I run 30 PSI on race gas, and get 450whp. I recently took a drive while I still had race gas in the tank and it was pretty comical....punch it at 80mph and I almost lose control because the tires just spin and then torque steer takes over.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Not bad. Can the ATX12 go behind the motherboard tray?

Don't think so. When I did the cable management I probably would have tried to put it behind there but I don't think it's long enough or there isn't enough room behind the tray with all of the other cables. :(