Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
OK a few more pics. I know that the cables under my desk don't really complement the appearance of the build but I wanted to plug it into power to show the NZXT LEDs! :D

I'm getting really good temperatures using the Noctua NH-U14S and the NZXT H440. At 4.2GHz at 100% load rendering a 4K video my CPU is barely hitting 50C!

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I love the side of the case, the front reminds me of a fridge door though. My CPU idles at 28-30c with Intels stock cooler (living in northern Canada also) that cooler would probably nearly freeze my CPU by the looks of it!
Hahaha I remember an old member around here (Raz3rD - anybody remember him?) saying he thought cases like the Fractal Design Define R3 looked like a fridge lol. I guess it kind of does but I really like the sleek aesthetic of the H440. It's not over the top at all unlike my old Lexa S which had blue LEDs all over it and sharp lines. :D

MrPotato

Hahaha I remember an old member around here (Raz3rD - anybody remember him?) saying he thought cases like the Fractal Design Define R3 looked like a fridge lol. I guess it kind of does but I really like the sleek aesthetic of the H440. It's not over the top at all unlike my old Lexa S which had blue LEDs all over it and sharp lines. :D
Don't get me wrong, It's a really nice case. It was just the first thing that came to mind when looking at it. I would personally like to buy this case or something similar by NZXT.

Edit: How would you rate the Noctua NH-U14S? It's more expensive than the CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 water cooler I was planning on buying.
Edit2: Ill spend the extra money and get the Noctua instead. (better cooling and will last me a lot longer than the H50)

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Need to perform my bi-annual cleaning on my case. The front panel looks like a dustbowl came through my room. Also need to clean up in prep for a GTX 970/980 purchase in the next few months.

spirit

Staff member
Don't get me wrong, It's a really nice case. It was just the first thing that came to mind when looking at it. I would personally like to buy this case or something similar by NZXT.

Edit: How would you rate the Noctua NH-U14S? It's more expensive than the CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 water cooler I was planning on buying.
Edit2: Ill spend the extra money and get the Noctua instead. (better cooling and will last me a lot longer than the H50)
The NZXT H440 is the best case I've ever built in and I've built in quite a few now, including its rival, the Fractal Design Define R5, which is also an excellent case however the H440 feels much more like a quality product. For my full opinion read my NZXT H440 review (which also includes a link to my NH-U14S review).

I did some research on cooling options in the £50 region and it seems like the air coolers, like the NH-U14S, perform better than the likes of the H50, H55 and H60. I think one of those all-in-one water coolers maybe makes your build look nicer, but I didn't want to risk using liquid cooling (though I know they're safe) and the NH-U14S apparently performs better. I really like the NH-U14S. Like all Noctua products, it's beautifully made and it's easy to fit if you read the instructions and use the correct mounting brackets and read the instructions. It also comes with high quality thermal paste too which is nice. Recommended!

spirit

Staff member
spirit.. that case is looking badass... NICE choice
Cheers! Yeah I loved the look of the H440, I think the PSU shroud did it for me. When it arrived I kept thinking I should have gone for the black one but when I started building in it and saw it coming together I thought I made the right choice. :D

Laquer Head

Yeah, my buddy went with a red NZXT case.. A Phantom, I think, and it looks awesome.

Sometimes picking that unusual or less than common item, ends up making the whole build pop!

Laquer Head

My rig.. back with the Asus board and gskill ram kit.. crazy mess of wires ..tight

20160106_153220.jpg

20160106_154111.jpg

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Oh,I like that Jason..very clean and tidy looking. :)

Cant beat a good air cooler like that,Next time i upgrade im going back to air cooling rather than going the AIO route,My H60I is okay,But nothing special..i could get better temps from air.
I did some research before I bought my NH-U14S about what the best option for around £50 was. This NH-U14S was £50 which I thought was really good value. For the same money I could have bought a Corsair H55 or H60 which I was tempted by because I thought they'd make my build look nicer, but a lot of people were saying that good air cooler is better than one of the all-in-ones if you have £50 to spend.

Because Intel is better :)
Yeah! Wohooo! :D