Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Ok everyone. Getting off topic now.

Jamebonds1,

Geek Squad is a total ripoff unfortunately. You should hear the horror stories. Price for malware removal is absurd and as said before, they aren't certified repair people.
I already made a new topic and moved everything there :p

Jiniix

Hey guys

I had the pleasure of being tasked with building two gaming computers that a customer parted out. So technically not mine, but still share-worthy.
This is always a great break from SSD upgrades or server installs, but you should've seen my face when I found out they were 2x $6450 triple SLI systems :D

Here's the part list of each PC:

Intel i7-5930K
Corsair H110i GTX
MSI X99 Godlike Gaming
Kingston Predator 8x8GB DDR4-2133MHz
ASUS NVIDIA GTX Titan X 12GB x3
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Corsair AX1200i Platinum
Corsair 330R Blackout Edition

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to play around with the systems once I built them, but it was a damn blast building them. I did stress test them 100% CPU, 90% RAM and 100% GPU. 60C / 87C after 16 hours.
And as stated, it was the customer that chose the parts long before we could help them.
If I could change anything, it'd be:
Buy an XL-ATX compatible side-windowed case, as the PCI-E layout of the motherboard offers great 3-way placement if you have more than 7 slots available.
Buy RAM that is on the QVL :D Took me 45 minutes to get the first one to boot because of RAM.
Wouldn't be necessary with bigger case, but a smaller radiator. It just fit and took very long to get right.

7zxTqQge.jpg

Jiniix

Someone bought the parts from us and the service to "build a custom pc from parts". Then I built them, put them back in their case boxes and shipped them to Norway.

tylerjrb

Wow very nice, some serious power there :D.

Those Titan's are calling for wcing though ;). I agree shame the customer didnt go for a windowed case. shame to cover up whats inside.

Jiniix

Once I had built one and a half system, I mailed the sales rep and told them about what I'd change (for future reference and what to look out for). At this point, we had already lost money on this because it took so long, and they suggested we started over in a Corsair Graphite 760T and replaced RAM with a kit on the QVL.
While the Graphite is a beautiful case, I turned it down because it was stupid to start over :D

hirobo2

Hey guys

I had the pleasure of being tasked with building two gaming computers that a customer parted out. So technically not mine, but still share-worthy.
This is always a great break from SSD upgrades or server installs, but you should've seen my face when I found out they were 2x $6450 triple SLI systems :D

Here's the part list of each PC:

Intel i7-5930K
Corsair H110i GTX
MSI X99 Godlike Gaming
Kingston Predator 8x8GB DDR4-2133MHz
ASUS NVIDIA GTX Titan X 12GB x3
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Corsair AX1200i Platinum
Corsair 330R Blackout Edition

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to play around with the systems once I built them, but it was a damn blast building them. I did stress test them 100% CPU, 90% RAM and 100% GPU. 60C / 87C after 16 hours.
And as stated, it was the customer that chose the parts long before we could help them.
If I could change anything, it'd be:
Buy an XL-ATX compatible side-windowed case, as the PCI-E layout of the motherboard offers great 3-way placement if you have more than 7 slots available.
Buy RAM that is on the QVL :D Took me 45 minutes to get the first one to boot because of RAM.
Wouldn't be necessary with bigger case, but a smaller radiator. It just fit and took very long to get right.

7zxTqQge.jpg

Very impressive systems. But no game is worth $6000, and no movie is worth an expensive 4K (or 8K) TV. That's what movie theaters are for. The most any movie should cost is an IMAX ticket not some $2000 8K TV...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
542 watts for a general system with 16gb ram, 8350, 980ti, ssd, hdd, odd, 2 case fans.

If you have the core clock up to 1500 then wattage increases to 748 watts.