Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

CrayonMuncher

This is my rig lol.

oil_rig.jpg

Seriously though i will put some pictures up when i get a camera.

mihir

VIP Member
Nvidia offer multiple monitor support you know, simialr to Eyefinity (called 3D Vision Surround), so don't go limiting your options in the future. Obviously if AMD has the better option for you at the time, don't even think about the decision because it will be obvious what to do, but don't go limiting your possible options

I don't know of any NVIDIA cards with 3 video outputs and I don't want to use a multiple card config.

If NVIDIA releases something in the future then I will look into it.
As you know I am not a brand biased guy.

87dtna

I don't know of any NVIDIA cards with 3 video outputs and I don't want to use a multiple card config.

Uhh, all gtx500 series? ;)

Even the cheap gtx550's all have 3 ports and support 3d surround. Just spent a few minutes looking on newegg, I cannot find a 500 series card that doesn't have atleast 3 ports.

mihir

VIP Member
Uhh, all gtx500 series? ;)

Even the cheap gtx550's all have 3 ports and support 3d surround. Just spent a few minutes looking on newegg, I cannot find a 500 series card that doesn't have atleast 3 ports.

Oh Ok.
Because when I was seeing a review of the HD6970 on youtube he said that you would need to sli for a 3 monitor setup on NVIDIA.That misguided me.
So lesson learned do not believe linustechtips.

Aastii

VIP Member

200 series onwards support 3 monitor set ups, and there are cards from the 200, 400 and just about all of the 500 that have 3 or more outputs

87dtna

Thanks!

Yeah gtx 460's are awesome cards, the 768mb is definitely a superior bang for the buck card. I paid $90 shipped for it :eek:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing that the 460 768mb let me down on was the nvidia sled demo,It just would not run smootly at all :/
But then again that was back on my Q6600 system @ 3.5Ghz....but i cant see why it wouldnt run good :/

87dtna

Get rid of all the IDE stuff, makes a huge difference it cable management and general tidiness of the case inside.

87dtna

You! lol

Looks like there's an IDE hard drive, replace it with a SATA drive to get rid of that big grey ribbon cable.

SuperDuperMe

ahhh, erm...yeh still sort of confused :/

lol

so the hardrive i have in there is the IDE? and a sata drive would let me get rid og the big grey thing?

how would i put all my stuff onto a new SATA drive and owuld it mean reinstalling windows or having to delete all my stuff

87dtna

I can't really tell, it may be the CD/DVD drive thats on the IDE.

In your last pic, if you look at the top left, the small red cable is SATA. In the bottom left, is whatever is running on the huge grey ribbon IDE cable.

87dtna

Well thats certainly a lot cheaper and easier to replace with a SATA unit.

About $20 on newegg and you're good. Sata cables are cheap, and you may need a Molex 4 pin to sata style power cable adapter.

This one is $22 with free shipping. Sometimes they come with sata cables sometimes they do not. My suggestion is to just order the drive itself and see if it comes with one. If not, go to your local PC store, or even Best Buy or something and pick one up. This is all of course assuming you don't have any extra ones laying around.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

Last edited: