Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
It's not a bad case at all, it's just I will have had it for 2 years by the time I look to sell it and I'd just like something different with some better cable management features. :) Got a friend who likes it too and as they're hard to come across these days it seems, may as well make a quick buck. ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice system VistaKid :)

Hows that cooler?..remember getting my Arctic Freezer 7 Pro back when i had my E6300 system....kept it very cool and was virtually silent.

I'm going to Water cooling next i think.

spirit

Staff member
Hey thanks Shane! :)

The cooler's good thanks, cost me something like £17 to buy so for the money it's very good indeed. Keeps my 2500K nice and cool. :) I'm idling at around 30-35C and at full load (with a 4.3GHz overclock) it only really reaches 60-65C. Never goes beyond 70C. All in all for the money very good. If I get the Phantom like I'm planning to my temps may be even better, but the Lexa S, which is what I'm using at the moment, does have good airflow.

Would like to try out something like an H50 in the future, but I think really my Freezer 13 is enough for the time being. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey thanks Shane! :)

The cooler's good thanks, cost me something like £17 to buy so for the money it's very good indeed. Keeps my 2500K nice and cool. :) I'm idling at around 30-35C and at full load (with a 4.3GHz overclock) it only really reaches 60-65C. Never goes beyond 70C. All in all for the money very good. If I get the Phantom like I'm planning to my temps may be even better, but the Lexa S, which is what I'm using at the moment, does have good airflow.

No bad!,These are the idle temps i get with my cooler,I think i could get better temps if i took off the stock thermal paste they gave me with my cooler and put on some AS5 or MX-2.

hotcore.png

Would like to try out something like an H50 in the future, but I think really my Freezer 13 is enough for the time being. :)

I would give it some time before buying any Closed loop coolers from Corsair..wait for them to sort out those dodgy pump noise issues,I read somewhere they are going to be releasing some new units soon with this issue fixed and offering people replacements..but you have to pay shipping back to them...which is very poor imo.
I was well disappointing with my H100.:cool:

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I'm using the stock paste. Seems to do the job and I can't be bothered to remove that cooler and re-install it. It was a pest to install, especially with all 4 RAM bays populated (see the pic I posted of the cooler and the DIMMs, one of the DIMMs only just fits underneath the cooler).

Here are my temps.

Temps.png

36C at 19% load @ 2.0GHz. Yeah I leave SpeedStep enabled, my overclock is still very stable. Been using this overclock since late March. Not one crash or hitch. :)

FuryRosewood

If you get a water loop thats sealed, get the thickest rad you can with high static pressure fans, and you should be golden, problem im having is my back fans are not synced with the front, and i dont get quite as good performance out of the h100 as i think i could.

wolfeking

banned
just a small update. Got everything sorted for now.

Before with H61DE/S3
GEDC0642.jpg

After 1: Z77 Extreme 4.
GEDC0665.jpg

same image, no flash
GEDC0666.jpg

in process. Bottom of 212 EVO. No idea why I got this image.
GEDC0668.jpg

Finished process for now.
GEDC0669.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Looking pretty sweet there Wolfe with the Extreme4 setup. Wish I could put my cooler the way it's meant to go, but sadly having all 4 RAM bays populated with full-height DIMMs means that can't really happen.

What camera are you using to take the photos by the way?

spirit

Staff member
Ah. I tend to edit all my photos anyway before I upload them. Usually change the brightness and contrast a bit and then increase the vibrance and saturation. Takes a while editing them all but hey they come out looking better.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah Photoshop is expensive, and takes a while to learn how to use. I use Photoshop Extended CS5.1.

jonnyp11

yeah, a google shows gimp seaming to be the best freeware, also, picassa seems more like what you want, says its a simpler one with a great UI

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371593,00.asp

you can get a good camera for a couple hundred, a DSLR for like 500 and one or 2 hundred buck lenses can go a long ways, our old D70 (like 7 or 800 like 5 years ago) took some great shots and anything new will be as good or better for less.

wolfeking

banned
I just take pics of my computer and my instruments and junk. I don't think I will be paying 500 for a camera. Its a bit counter intuitive. Im not a pro. I never will be. Just like with computers, cars and everything besides flipping burgers. No need to have the tools if you can't do the job.

Ill try picassa and see how I can get it to work. I smell a thread coming.

Edit: don't know my arse from a hole in the ground with it. I would prefer something that I can just open the pics hot a button and and all edits are done. But I don't rekon such a thing exist.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

with some programs (the one i know is light room i think it was and it costs a lot too) you can figure out the edits you'll want then save a profile that will automatically do them every time.

Really all you need to know is brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness, just play with those for a few mins and once you figure them out you can do a lot to the picture with just them, then use cropping to snip the part you want and it deletes the rest of it.