Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

spirit

Staff member
Thinkpads looks cool. I like the older versions that don't have the touchpads.
Yeah I think they look pretty cool too. Loved my two ThinkPads before they died once and for all. :( My A31 didn't have a touchpad but the R40 did. I believe IBM called the TrackPoint + TouchPad combination an 'UltraNav'.

wolfeking

banned
Ive had a few thinkpads and most of them just ended up being sold. Solid as tanks they were. I know I had a R52, and a few pentium 3 ones in the A series, I think the A20m and the like. They were great. Wish I still had them.

spirit

Staff member
Mine had had years of abuse and hard work before they were given to me; so it's no wonder that eventually the boards in both machines died. I still wish I had mine, had they not died. I preferred the R40 to the A31 (was a slimmer and lighter machine), but the A31 lasted a few months longer.

wolfeking

banned
The way I see it is that you can only remove so much thickness and weight before you start loosing structural integrity. The old ones feel a lot stronger, at least compared to the R52. The M90 is a lot stronger itself than the D630 too.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I do agree with you. The older laptops always seem a lot stronger and a lot more solid than the newer ones. The newer ones seem kind of "cheap and plastic" and a bit flimsy. Some of the best-built laptops I've come across these days are actually Dells.

wolfeking

banned
From what I have seen, most of the newer laptops are mainly plastic. Flimsy too much for my taste. But I have not used a new dell. The D630 is the newest dell I have used, well other than the E series at school, but they feel a bit less stable than the 630. May be a moot point. Not sure.

spirit

Staff member
I've used few of the newer Dell Studios, they're good laptops. They seem a lot more solid than say some of Acer's and HP's offerings.

spirit

Staff member
Some shots of my PC, sorry they're not the best ever.

DSCF6908.jpg

DSCF6909.jpg

DSCF6911.jpg

DSCF6914.jpg

RAM

DSCF6916.jpg

DSCF6922.jpg

Cooler

DSCF6925.jpg

DSCF6935.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Thanks. :) Now deciding whether or not getting another case would be a good idea, I kinda like how my system's interior looks. ;)

wolfeking

banned
any option you go with really won't be wrong. I personally would stay with CF, but you will get more out of a newer system.

spirit

Staff member
I've got a while to decide yet. I'll see what my friend says, he's the one who's potentially buying my case and PSU. He likes my case and I don't really like it, so I told him I'd sell it to him (he's looking for a new case anyway). I like how my system looks inside the case and I like the overall look of the case, but I don't like the cable management.

spirit

Staff member
I think I am going to. I bought it when I was like 12 years old and doing my first custom build. I saw it on eBay and it had lots of nice lights on it so I bought it. That's the only reason why. I just so happened to get a case from a quality brand with half-decent cable management, not that I used them. :D

This is how my system looked before Christmas:

DSC05992.jpg

Looks better now I'd say. ;)

wolfeking

banned
It does not appear to be a bad case.
I think that is a lot cooler than what I was doing when I was 12. Back then to me a computer was this big block sitting in the desk that can magically send what I am thinking to people globally. Know a lot more now.