Post your smartphone homescreen

PCunicorn

Weird place for a search bar though...

My last few days with my Moto X will be spent with this:
eR0c0kL.jpg

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I'm getting Windows Phone 8.1 device on Monday so finally I'll be able to post in this thread since WP8 can take screenshots! :)

I'll be using a photo start screen too. ;)

Very much looking forward to getting a newer phone!

Looking back through this thread every other post is an Android screenshot. Barely any iOS, BB OS or Windows Phone screenshots...

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm getting Windows Phone 8.1 device on Monday so finally I'll be able to post in this thread since WP8 can take screenshots! :)

I'll be using a photo start screen too. ;)

Very much looking forward to getting a newer phone!

Looking back through this thread every other post is an Android screenshot. Barely any iOS, BB OS or Windows Phone screenshots...
One more reason I don't like WP ;)

PCunicorn

One more reason I don't like WP ;)

You don't like WP since a now outdated version didn't have screenshot functionality? Okay.

And those versions came out at the same time that Android didn't have screenshot functionality. So why do you like Android?

spirit

Staff member
You don't like WP since a now outdated version didn't have screenshot functionality? Okay.

And those versions came out at the same time that Android didn't have screenshot functionality. So why do you like Android?

Well said. WP7 is like 4 years old now. Microsoft added so much to WP8 and then added even more stuff to WP8.1.

No point arguing though. Geoff is the world's biggest Android fanboy and I'm probably the world's biggest Windows Phone fanboy, so... :p

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Ahh damn I was hoping to post the first WP8.1 screenshot tomorrow when I get my new Lumia 625! :p

But that's looking really nice, Jay! Loving the BOKEHLICIOUS wallpaper! (Those who are into photography and watch Digital Rev on YouTube will get what I'm on about! :D )

Last edited:

PCunicorn

Ahh damn I was hoping to post the first WP8.1 screenshot tomorrow when I get my new Lumia 625! :p

But that's looking really nice, Jay! Loving the BOKEHLICIOUS wallpaper! (Those who are into photography and watch Digital Rev on YouTube will get what I'm on about! :D )

Yeah, I knew you would, and I had to beat you :D

Yeah I like me some bokeh wallpapers. And, Digital Rev. Don't really watch them anymore but they are quite funny.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah, I knew you would, and I had to beat you :D

Yeah I like me some bokeh wallpapers. And, Digital Rev. Don't really watch them anymore but they are quite funny.

Yeah I used to watch their videos all the time but I also don't watch them that much anymore.

spirit

Staff member
WP just seems so confusing with the constantly flipping tiles.

You can usually turn Live Tiles off. They're the 'flipping ones'.

I've been using WP8.1 for less than a day and already I'm seeing the difference between it and WP7.8 which I was using before. WP8.1 is leaps and bounds ahead. Loving it! :D

Anyway, I felt it was a little messy before, so I changed the tile arrangement and the background wallpaper:

14887257341_791e7ea4a1_o.png

I'll probably be changing it around a lot over the next few days to find a layout I really like.

Last edited:

PCunicorn

Much better. That previous layout was ugly. Why do you have a big Cortana and Settings button though?

I could have the extra tiles on my phone, but on a 4" 480 x 800 screen...

Yeah the flipping tiles aren't annoying at all and most of them don't even flip. In fact the only one I've seen is the people tile. The whole OS is quite simple, much less confusing than Android overall which doesn't matter to us, but it does to many.

spirit

Staff member
Much better. That previous layout was ugly. Why do you have a big Cortana and Settings button though?
Cos they're transparent. Lol. I will probably have a completely new layout by this time tomorrow. :p

I think the B&W photos work better. Going to have a look at my photography and see if I have any more good black and white shots I could use. The photo in the last one was mine.

I could have the extra tiles on my phone, but on a 4" 480 x 800 screen...^
I have the same res but on a 4.7" display. Three columns seems good to me but I guess 4" is quite a bit smaller.

I am typing this on my old Nokia Lumia 710 on a 3.7" display and it now feels so small, haha! :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Cos they're transparent. Lol. I will probably have a completely new layout by this time tomorrow. :p

I think the B&W photos work better. Going to have a look at my photography and see if I have any more good black and white shots I could use. The photo in the last one was mine.

I have the same res but on a 4.7" display. Three columns seems good to me but I guess 4" is quite a bit smaller.

I am typing this on my old Nokia Lumia 710 on a 3.7" display and it now feels so small, haha! :p
I agree, I think the B&W photo looks a lot better. Seems weird to me though to have such large tiles for an alarm, settings, store, and two IE shortcuts.