Post your smartphone homescreen

spirit

Staff member
I love DS File!

Yeah it's cool! Got it on my old Lumia 710 (WP 7.8) too. :) I was accessing files on my NAS 5000 miles away from my hotel room in Seattle when I was over there using DS File - so awesome! :D I've also got the DS Finder app. That's very handy for seeing NAS stats etc.

I also have a Buffalo NAS and there's an app for Windows and other mobile platforms for that called WebAccess. I have installed it but I need to configure it in the settings of my NAS.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah it's cool! Got it on my old Lumia 710 (WP 7.8) too. :) I was accessing files on my NAS 5000 miles away from my hotel room in Seattle when I was over there using DS File - so awesome! :D I've also got the DS Finder app. That's very handy for seeing NAS stats etc.

I also have a Buffalo NAS and there's an app for Windows and other mobile platforms for that called WebAccess. I have installed it but I need to configure it in the settings of my NAS.
I love the DS Download, DS Photo, and DS Video apps too. Basically your own Netflix server, Flickr, and Torrent App!

Darren

Staff member
Reset my phone and rooted it. Haven't really done much of anything except get rid of a bunch of the bloat.

rXCkk1T.jpg

Darren

Staff member

I'm honored that you'd make that mistake. :D

It's an LG Optimus G Pro. A relatively unheard of device that flew under the radar and from what I can tell is essentially a bigger G2 that came out a few months earlier. Few slight changes here and there, but it's a fairly solid phone and even came with 32GB onboard. It is an over 2 year old device, but I've only had it since October when I got it new. I have to pay $16 a month for it through ATT Next (which is BS). My previous phone was an S3, and a new one of those would have been $17 a month. An S5 would have been nearly $30. Practically the cheapest smartphone I could find at the time. Camera isn't fantastic though and it's "eh" battery life is only remedied by the fact that it's removable. Also hard to find decent cases.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_pro_e985-5254.php

I've rooted it and used Greenify and an Uninstaller to uninstall most everything I don't use. Might be placebo, but my battery seems a lot better. I kind of want to flash a ROM but not sure if it's worth the hassle or what to even flash to it. I wouldn't mind making it look more modern and cleaner. Maybe a better camera app too.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Hard to tell from a screenshot, all of LG's phones look the same haha. I would get Titanium Backup to freeze more services that you don't need, instead of uninstalling them in case you need it later on. Also look at getting Xposed, they have many modules that allow you to really customize the look and feel of the device, so much so that custom ROMs are almost not needed.

Darren

Staff member
Hard to tell from a screenshot, all of LG's phones look the same haha. I would get Titanium Backup to freeze more services that you don't need, instead of uninstalling them in case you need it later on. Also look at getting Xposed, they have many modules that allow you to really customize the look and feel of the device, so much so that custom ROMs are almost not needed.

Sweet! Thanks. :good: It's kinda odd being relatively comfortable with computers from a tech standpoint but I'm mostly in the dark with mobile phones.

My battery life is definitely better. The screen still will chew through it if it's on a lot, but on standby it actually holds its charge. I'm still at 95 percent since I unplugged it nearly 4 hours ago, and I've been using it.

Darren

Staff member
Well I got tired of my wallpaper and wanted to change it. 4 hours and a dozen or so apps later, here I am. Using Avex Launcher with Rondo icons. Also have SnapLock to serve as my lock screen. It feels iOS like for the lock screen, but not too much so. Overall theme is "material" with a bit of 4.x rolled in since I'm still running KitKat. I like the way it looks right now, but unsure if I'll hold the same opinion. For comparison, back a few posts is what I started with.

Also just now noticed the first time I posted this the links were ded. Fixed it I think.

20764377602_c61c3f8962_c.jpg

Supashawn

HTC Droid DNA; rooted and unlocked... still a good phone

view
Did this even work??? I tried to upload a file and it said the file was too large; it is just a screen shot from my phone, what the world?