Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFireDragon

dont like that voltage WhiteFireDragon :D whast your load temps?

there's a big difference between short session benches and 24/7. i have a different chip that i run 24/7, and this e8600 is only for benching, but i did run it at 4.0ghz at 1.25v for 2 hours with orthos. load calibration was enabled, so there's hardly any vdrop.

this is one of the coolest (temp) chips i've played with, loading at only 45C at that voltage.

Great score man. Could you run one at 4000mhz exact is possible. I am curious my self to see the difference between the q6600, q9550, and the 920 i7. What kind of cooling do you have?.

i didn't take the screen shot, but when i bench it again, i'll do that for you. and just to let you know, 4000mhz will bench differently with spi because it will depend on the chip, cache, fsb, memory timing and frequency. for example, you'll get a faster score if you ran 4000mhz with 7 x 571mhz, 2:3 divider, and relatively low timing as opposed to 10x400mhz, 1:1, and loose timings. my guess is that generally, i7 > q9550 > q6600 with the same clocks in SPi

like i mentioned earlier, i ran my e8600 on an air cooler

Last edited:

FairDoos

1 Minuite 2 seconds HAHAHA I was expecting that..

Haha hold on.. I just re-done the test and got 48 Seconds on 1M Setting? This makes no sense? xD

Last edited:
there's a big difference between short session benches and 24/7. i have a different chip that i run 24/7, and this e8600 is only for benching, but i did run it at 4.0ghz at 1.25v for 2 hours with orthos. load calibration was enabled, so there's hardly any vdrop.

this is one of the coolest (temp) chips i've played with, loading at only 45C at that voltage.

i didn't take the screen shot, but when i bench it again, i'll do that for you. and just to let you know, 4000mhz will bench differently with spi because it will depend on the chip, cache, fsb, memory timing and frequency. for example, you'll get a faster score if you ran 4000mhz with 7 x 571mhz, 2:3 divider, and relatively low timing as opposed to 10x400mhz, 1:1, and loose timings. my guess is that generally, i7 > q9550 > q6600 with the same clocks in SPi

like i mentioned earlier, i ran my e8600 on an air cooler

Thanks man. I just did a little more oc'ing. Here are the results:
9532.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Jeffery

Wow you beat me by 5 seconds! That's awesome! Especially since your only have 100mhz over me! Congrats to amd for making a good lower end processor :D

Mitch?

banned
Wow you beat me by 5 seconds! That's awesome! Especially since your only have 100mhz over me! Congrats to amd for making a good lower end processor :D

I just put it at 3.2ghz first - i haven't pushed it as far as i can yet :)

EDIT:
Seems to be stable at 3300mhz!! Here's the pic. *cough* #1 AMD
amdx2775033ghzdz0.png

Last edited:
I just put it at 3.2ghz first - i haven't pushed it as far as i can yet :)

EDIT:
Seems to be stable at 3300mhz!! Here's the pic. *cough* #1 AMD
amdx2775033ghzdz0.png

Congrats man, great score.

Omega would it be possible to have the scores updated, thanks.

Edit: Didn't see above post. That's awesome man now, I have to do some more OC'ing now :D. Whats you your ram timings at?

Last edited:

mikesrex

Congrats man, great score.

Omega would it be possible to have the scores updated, thanks.

Edit: Didn't see above post. That's awesome man now, I have to do some more OC'ing now :D. Whats you your ram timings at?

I have some of the cheap G.Skill 3x1GB DDR3 1600 running 9-9-9-24. For 99 shipped (and 199 for the motherboard) I figured I would give a budget setup a try. It runs 4GHz no problems without turbo at 200x20, but the vcore has to be jacked up a lot once I start overclocking more than 4 GHz. It's crazy.

f.i.t.h

superpinj2.png

I'll PM Omega a updated list, when he updates it, if you're still not on the list, PM me, I'll add you to the list for the next update.

just a noob

I have some of the cheap G.Skill 3x1GB DDR3 1600 running 9-9-9-24. For 99 shipped (and 199 for the motherboard) I figured I would give a budget setup a try. It runs 4GHz no problems without turbo at 200x20, but the vcore has to be jacked up a lot once I start overclocking more than 4 GHz. It's crazy.

try running the multi a little bit lower or higher(19 or 21) and after 1.6 volts you just can't get enough voltage to the cores for some strange reason(the electricity just dissapates) oh, and i think if you can get to 4.8/4.9ghz thats a world record for 920

mikesrex

try running the multi a little bit lower or higher(19 or 21) and after 1.6 volts you just can't get enough voltage to the cores for some strange reason(the electricity just dissapates) oh, and i think if you can get to 4.8/4.9ghz thats a world record for 920

my fastest superpi is done with the multiplier at 20 (but with turbo on to give a 21X multi on single-threaded programs). I may try the 19x multi and try for faster than 210 bus speed. I still haven't actually tuned many of the settings that I have on auto yet. I'm thinking if I can get to 4.6-4.8 GHz I can run 8 sec superpi 1M with this setup. Regardless of what it does, it is already faster than I need in a computer, so I'm happy with it.

I am goign to try once I get home to get 217 x 21 for 4557. 217 is the highest I have been able to hit on my Qpi so I will give it a shot. Also I was thinking mabye disabling HT to see if it would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.