Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodaggit23

I'm pretty sure my extra 7 cores were taking care of any stray processes while the calculations were being done...

CPU was at 3.43Ghz
My RAM is Cas 8
Vista x64 (39 running processes)

I tried to find my screenshot, but it's buried. :D

Nice job though!

Jet

VIP Member
Bodaggit--are you running a 20X multi or a 21X? If you're running 21X, he'll have slightly faster BCLK, QPI, etc. As well, he has Windows 7 to your Vista.

Vipernitrox

last time i checked i7 was still quad core :p But your prolly referring to threads.
doesn't superpi run on some linux systems? If you really want top performance and squeeze out the last possible millisec. Why not compile your own (very slim) linux distro. Or just strip down an existing one (like dsl)

Bodaggit23

last time i checked i7 was still quad core :p But your prolly referring to threads.

Thanks for your amazing input. Yes, excuse me for my horrible choice of words.

I'll get right on that distro as soon as I get off work. :rolleyes:

I don't remember what my multi is at, but it's probably 21 since Turbo is enabled,
along with hyperthreading, which maybe a factor also?

So you think Win 7 is a factor, even though I had only 39 processes? How many
processes does your Win 7 have atm?

Last edited:

Vipernitrox

it's not all about processes. I've got 57 right now. including avatar (game) in the background. Only running 8% off cpu load.

Just minor things can impact superpi. If you run it more than once you'll get different results. We're talking about milli seconds here. They're just... short :p. Anything that could possible use cpu load can slow down superpi. If you really want it perfect. Create a bootable superpi or something like that. It'll probably be doable to create a damn small linux bootable with superpi integrated on cd/image.

Vipernitrox

superpi is available on linux but i doubt omega will allow it here. Also they seem to have an advantage over windows. Just saw some guy reporting 8 sec improvement. What you could give a try is to strip down windows xp to the limit. You can use nlite to strip almost anything out of it. Just leave usb drivers so you can put on and take files of the os.

poke349

Problem is that SuperPi isn't speed consistent between Windows and Linux.
Especially if you're gonna compile it yourself.

The only reason why you use SuperPi is because it's a set standard so that everyone has the same speed program.

If you're gonna give up program consistency, then you might as well run one of about a billion other programs that are faster and can go sub-one-second for 1M Pi without effort...

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
I don't remember what my multi is at, but it's probably 21 since Turbo is enabled,
along with hyperthreading, which maybe a factor also?

Since he's running a lower multiplier, he'd have a faster BCLK. Who knows how much difference that would make on a 1M calculation, but you never know.

NCspecV81

banned
Really? What do you put in that pot then?

Thanks for coming to our little forum and showing us your big boy rig.

??? you got a chip on your shoulder or something?

Trust me, 5.1ghz superpi on a phenom II isn't an ln2 run. Only if you way undershoot your potential.

Both of those runs were on phase, not maxed out.

Now, we both like computers. Can't we get along?

meticadpa

Really? What do you put in that pot then?

Wait, so you don't want him to post his times/scores because they're good?

What kind of place is this... Admiration is given for things like this on most forums; not jealousy like here.

That's pretty out-of-order, in my opinion.

I'll upload my time later, E8500 at ~4.5GHz, as long as you don't think they're too good to post... :rolleyes:

Geoff

VIP Member
Wait, so you don't want him to post his times/scores because they're good?

What kind of place is this... Admiration is given for things like this on most forums; not jealousy like here.

That's pretty out-of-order, in my opinion.

I'll upload my time later, E8500 at ~4.5GHz, as long as you don't think they're too good to post... :rolleyes:
What he is upset about is that members like him and you join, post incredibly good scores that the average joe here won't be able to beat, and then leaves again and never comes back.

meticadpa

[-0MEGA-];1399064 said:
What he is upset about is that members like him and you join, post incredibly good scores that the average joe here won't be able to beat, and then leaves again and never comes back.

You mean jealous of hardware, then?

Spec's a hardcore enthusiast, whereas I'm a more casual user... anyone with a half decent, non-AMD setup (something 775 Dual core or 1156 or 1366) should be able to attain scores close to mine, if not outscore me.

Computers are no things worthy of jealousy/hatred about... I know Spec fairly well, and I'm aware of his ridiculous hardware, but I'm not jealous, more appreciative that he's got the funds/desire to buy the stuff, yet not be a jerk about it.

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

No need to have an attitude. NVSpec is welcome to post his score, just as anyone else. Geoff, when you have time, can you please update the rankings?

We should welcome this guy to the forum, not harass him. ;)

meticadpa

No need to have an attitude. NVSpec is welcome to post his score, just as anyone else. Geoff, when you have time, can you please update the rankings?

We should welcome this guy to the forum, not harass him. ;)

This guy knows how to be a forum member. :D

Bodaggit23

I'm not jealous, nor do I mean to harass, but [-0MEGA-] stated my sentiment exactly.

I'd love to have more uber overclockers hang out here,
but It just doesn't seem like these are those guys.

This is what, 4 guys now from overclock recently?
The first two stating that we're basically retards compared to them. :eek:

Time will tell if they're here to hang or just to brag.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not jealous, nor do I mean to harass, but [-0MEGA-] stated my sentiment exactly.

I understand. However, everyone in the top rankings is a regularly (or semi-regular) active member, so I don't see a trend in hit and run type posts in this thread. It's best to give an individual the benefit of the doubt before flaming.

This is what, 4 guys now from overclock recently?
The first two stating that we're basically retards compared to them. :eek:

We had an issue with a few and they won't be back.

Time will tell if they're here to hang or just to brag.

Probably both, which is fine. :p So long as it's done respectfully and in good fun. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.