Post your SuperPi Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87dtna

Yes after I saw your post I edited mine.

I'm planning on getting a DICE pot soon (guess I'll have to go caseless then :p) so I'm hoping to crank this I3 real far.

El Gappo

I won't believe that until I see proof.

All you are going to ever see is screenshots so w/e. It is clearly doable as here is my 965 on air http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=818625 with a lower vid 955 for example and living somewhere as cold as spec does I'm sure I could do the same. I don't think the whole intel vs amd debacle has anything to do with anything in this thread and you are just flamebaiting. That is all :good:

Last edited:

87dtna

Even if you could get 4.6 at 1.55 Vcore, on the stock cooler temps would hit 100c in about 30 seconds. BS

Umm, the proof is in the pudding here...take a look at intel times and take a look at AMD's. Just saying, with super PI it would take atleast 5ghz with AMD to match a comparable 4ghz intel CPU.

Orbitron

banned
Infraction issued. Yes, I was serious. Enough flame baiting and meaningless arguments.
Wow seriously? If the guy had actually got a 955 to 4.6ghz on air, let alone a stock cooler, I believe he would be showing proof to anyone who would look. I would also like to see proof. If only I could get my 965 to those kinds of clocks.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Wow seriously? If the guy had actually got a 955 to 4.6ghz on air, let alone a stock cooler, I believe he would be showing proof to anyone who would look. I would also like to see proof. If only I could get my 965 to those kinds of clocks.

Honestly, I could care less whether or not he achieved those clocks. My only interest is in ending the petty arguments in this and other threads. On several occasions, myself, apj101 and other moderators have politely asked for all this nonsense to stop, and clearly nobody is listening.

NCspecV81

banned
stock cooler on a 955 PII -

960311.png
955stockcoolergd70.png

El Gappo

Have a look around at some review etc. I believe some reviews show early review samples hitting around 4.7 on air. Here is a simple tdp calculation for anyone else feeling skeptical today. p= tdp. V= voltage. F= frequency
p=V2(cF)
p/v2=cf
(p/v2)/f=C

(125/1.822)/3.4=20.1782

Now enter the new values into the original.
1.6^2(20.1782X4.612) = 238.23 TDP under full load.

A cpu-z validation is done at idle so nothing is exactly going to disintegrate at these exaggerated setting :) You don't get much more rock solid proof than that, but you've got an overclockers oath anyway. Me or spec lying about this would be like if Da Vinchi bought the Mona Lisa at a car boot sale :p

FYI that calculation can be used for just about any component you need and comes in handy ;) Intel do tell porky pies about their tdp tho so if you are tuning a ss or something then room for error needs to be left.

Anyway that's the last post with that attitude that I'm responding to thanks mep.

ganzey

banned
Have a look around at some review etc. I believe some reviews show early review samples hitting around 4.7 on air. Here is a simple tdp calculation for anyone else feeling skeptical today. p= tdp. V= voltage. F= frequency
p=V2(cF)
p/v2=cf
(p/v2)/f=C

(125/1.822)/3.4=20.1782

Now enter the new values into the original.
1.6^2(20.1782X4.612) = 238.23 TDP under full load.

A cpu-z validation is done at idle so nothing is exactly going to disintegrate at these exaggerated setting :) You don't get much more rock solid proof than that, but you've got an overclockers oath anyway. Me or spec lying about this would be like if Da Vinchi bought the Mona Lisa at a car boot sale :p

FYI that calculation can be used for just about any component you need and comes in handy ;) Intel do tell porky pies about their tdp tho so if you are tuning a ss or something then room for error needs to be left.

Anyway that's the last post with that attitude that I'm responding to thanks mep.

i guess a pic with you username written on a paper:p. i would like to see this (not being sarcastic, i am serious. so plz dont "infract" me mep) because my phenom II 940 runs at 35c with a CM V8 and as5. and the max temp of phenom chips is ~65c. once again-i am not trying to start an argument or flame, but if he posts proof, this whole thing will be over with.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
i guess a pic with you username written on a paper:p. i would like to see this (not being sarcastic, i am serious. so plz dont "infract" me mep) because my phenom II 940 runs at 35c with a CM V8 and as5. and the max temp of phenom chips is ~65c. once again-i am not trying to start an argument or flame, but if he posts proof, this whole thing will be over with.

He showed proof, it is over with, now back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.