87dtna

And now 4.3ghz....

win7-

wprime92043ghzwin7.jpg

XP-
Wprime92043ghz.jpg

linkin

VIP Member
Nice guys, updated scores. You already have first place so you latest screens are just for show :p

linkin

VIP Member
i think its nice that im in the top 10 :D
Phenom ii x4 955 @ 4.0
wPrime1.jpg

Could you please re-run that and make sure when you take the screenshot, your CPU isn't idling.

If you go into advanced power settings, set the minimum cpu frequency to 100% while you benchmark, so it doesn't clock down afterwards. In my experience it also helps you to get a slightly faster score.

87dtna

Your north bridge speed is super low. Take it to 2400, and take hyper transport to 2000 if you can (not sure if that board will allow you too, if not 1800 on HT is OK the north bridge speed is more important).

87dtna

Ahh much better. I just said 2400 because sometime 2600 requires extra cpu NB voltage.

Next step- Diagnostic mode to cut 3 tenths off that time ;)

Drenlin

Safe mode doesn't have networking...not unless you specify it, anyway...?

Google isn't turning anything up. How do you boot into diagnostic mode?

87dtna

Go to the command prompt (hit the button on the keyboard that opens the start menu and hit R at the same time) and type MSCONFIG and hit enter. Just select diagnostic mode and hit OK, it will prompt you the restart. When you restart, almost nothing will work because there's only like 2-3 services running. No internet, no sound, etc, but you won't need those to run Wprime and get your screenshot. After you get your screenshot saved, go into the command prompt with MSCONFIG again, and just select the normal startup, and then restart.

Drenlin

Ah, thanks.

I'm assuming CPU-Z will still work properly? I want to be able to save a validation file...

linkin

VIP Member
Yes it will work.

After you select normal startup, make sure the uncheck any startup options or specific services you don't want running.