Privacy error only on facebook

installed windows told it to override the other one pretty much I just haven't deleted the old one. but when I turn the computer on and off it doesn't give me option on which one to boot to its just the new windows

so i used it a lil while last night the pop up never came up but i still cant get the wifi to work and some pics are still grainy. internet does work as long as its hard wired into the router, ive tried downloading from asus and intel for wifi neither one worked

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into device manager and click the plus sign next to display adapter and network adapter. What are the entries under both? Do you have any entries that say unknown device or anything with yellow question marks to them?

yes I have one under network adapters it says Intel(R) 82567LF Gigabit Network Connection. then also under other devices network controller and SM Bus Controller they all have a yellow triangle with a ! in it those are the only three

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Right click on each of those entries and click on properties, click on the details tab, change the property to hardware ID and give me the 4 digit vendor and device ID numbers. They look like this. ven_xxxx and dev_yyyy where x and y are 4 alphanumeric digits.

on the intel one it says

pci\ven_8086&dev_10bf

network controller says

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_13058086&REV_67

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_13058086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0885&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0885&CC_0280

SM Bus

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_11571043&REV_05

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_11571043

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C0500

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C05

well that got wifi to work but on device manager there is still a yellow triangle on that wireless network one. idk if I should worry about it or not. also how do I delete the old partition? I never did that and there are also some still grainy pics like on yahoo, msn, and even here like the new post button is very grainy idk if that's cause of my driver or what? but thank you for getting the wifi working for sure

just pulled up chrome and it looks a lot better on chrome? maybe its just internet explorer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the wifi is your wireless network. Can you post a picture of your device manager please? Need to see what you are seeing.