Privacy error only on facebook

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not talking about factory reset, I'm just talking about doing a system restore which is totally different. System restore is located in programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. Once the window opens pick a day that the system was working correcty as far as facebook and everythng else goes and restore back to that day and see if it was succesful.

However, as many problems as you have had here lately, it may benefit you to start from scratch. What computer do you have? Is it store bought or custom built?

store bought and im at work but i think its an asus u56e. like i said when i went back i had all kinds of problems it was horrible. i went into bios and didnt see an option for restore. ill take a look at what you mentioned tho but will it work if i never made a backup?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
System restore doesn't delete any personal files, it just changes system files and such back to a day when everything was working fine. If the machine was working fine a week ago, then go back to last week sometime. You will lose any installed updates or programs installed since that date but thats it. You should have the option to create recovery cd's if you wish to just install windows fresh or I believe you press the f9 button on bootup to boot to recovery partition to reinstall that way.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As long as system restore is turned on, the computer automatically creates restore points at certain times. If system restore is turned off then you have no restore points to go back to.

i ran avast for a second time found a few things i deleted them and also cleared the recycle bin and looks like its fixed

well crap its back again

well i guess im gonna reinstall windows but how can u if u didnt get a restore disk?

Last edited:
I think it's a virus

I just started getting the same message from my computer. All of my stock accounts and everything else work fine but when I try to log on facebook the message you posted pops up. From my phone and other computers I have no problems logging on to facebook.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
i ran avast for a second time found a few things i deleted them and also cleared the recycle bin and looks like its fixed

well crap its back again

well i guess im gonna reinstall windows but how can u if u didnt get a restore disk?

Sorry, didn't know you edited your post.

You will have to create the installation media from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

Enter the key for the version of windows you have and they will verify it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try produkey

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey.zip

Unzip it and run it.

However, it sounds like you have a volume license key.

"All any key finder will show for my product key is BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB!"

or
"The key finder I tried only found the last five digits of my product key but the rest was all B's!"

Some editions of Windows (and some other Microsoft products) are made available via what's called a volume license. In these types of distributions, a product key is shared among anywhere from five to thousands of software installations, depending on the license, so product verification is handled differently.

Basically, this means that your product key is not stored in the registry and no product key finder program will be able to find it. You can't find something that isn't there. Your best bet in this situation is to contact the provider of your copy of Windows and ask for a replacement product key.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to burn the iso file to a dvd. Windows 7 has the ability built in. Then just boot to the dvd and delete existing partitions and partition the way you want it and install windows.