Project :: Dark_Water

ChrisUlrich

Mankz_91 said:
i've put the first layer of black on the frount and it looks suprisingly good..

thanks people- and no, steel cases arn't bad, just heavy compaired to the new light aluminium cases.

Its a Viewsonic VX924 and its about 6 months old. Best £300 i ever spent.

How is that monitor for gaming?

Mankz_91

ChrisUlrich said:
How is that monitor for gaming?

if anything, ts limited by my PC.... its a good size, really nice colours and amazing quality...

Frount Bezel Update......

her it is after the first layer of primer as above, then one layer of paint and some 1200 grit paper, then another layer, its alot nicer and more shiney than it looks, and im realy pleased as this is my first go with painting a case....

welll, i'll let the picceys talk....:

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

and now for all you people who like to take the p*ss, here is another object from my room...

DSC00143-1.jpg

DSC00144-1.jpg

Its a long coushin (i think thats how to spell it..) that looks like a cat..

Mankz_91

Little update, im now in the middle of planning how i can mount all of my watercooling system in my case....

here is a stone-age mock-up done in Paint with an old photo...

untitled-5.jpg

the problem is that the outlet of the DDC is flat, not at 90* , so i'll eitther have to mount the rad so thats its impossible to bleed, or i will have to go and get a little box so that i can put the DDC in and it still looks black, with some small holes for the barbs, so it'l look like an aquacomputer FMJ sort-a-thing..

Otherwise, ive been hunting around for some blow-hole trim, and no-one has any... awwww...

And ive been planing the cutting area and holes to mount the rad and fans to the case..

DSC00145-1.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

(the reason its not fully painted is cos. i ran out of primer...) and these fans will be on the otherside of the metal, its just easier to work out how to mount it this way,,,

AJ

Mankz_91

im using a custom 1/2" American watercooling setup, comprising of::

Danger Den TDX 775 CPU Block
EDDY EK X18/19 GPU Block
Danger Den DDC + PLexi-top
BIX 2
Cape coolplex Bullseys res..
and a hell of a lot of Tygon tubing

Mankz_91

well havn't done much.....

i decided to take off the PCI back panel of my X1800 to get it ready for painting..

DSC00153-1.jpg

Before...

DSC00154-1.jpg

After...

DSC00156-1.jpg

and the back panel and tools i used-

DSC00158.jpg

And my little toolkit i use for my PC's that cost me £7.94 delivered off eBay...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Nice work! Noticing the Vantec FC though ... it's good ... just make sure you dont overload it or tinker with it too much ... they tend frag a bit easier than expected.

Arti_2005

What kinda paint are u using? Would spray paint work good for plastic? I do some spray painting on my my cars and ive gotten very good at it so im gonna try it on computers.

Mankz_91

im using bog standard cheap matt black paint and grey primer, it works fine on the plastic frount panel...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
As an added touch you may consider polishing the HDDs ... makes for a really sweet 1st impression :) Here's an example

HowtopolishyourHDDtomakeitsparkleandshin-jmke-524.jpg