Radeon 5970 HD

Joshua1187

I DLed the newest drivers just last night I think? 10.8, just checked. Maybe im DLing the wrong version of Furmark?

Joshua1187

Yeah, since i DLed new drivers it locked it at its regular clock speed. Playing L4D2 now, no problems. wonder what the deal is with FURMARK. :/

joh06937

but did you get the crossfire profiles? go to the driver page you got the regular drivers from. the link should be at the bottom of the page:
89728580.png

joh06937

Downloading now Sir, THanks!

i hope it works :eek: i don't know why else it would be doing that other than maybe a driver thing. if the profiles don't help, i'll update my drivers tomorrow to 10.8 (i am using 10.7 now) and see if it happens to me.

give it a go!

joh06937

YES! ha ha, awesome.

so go into msi afterburner and increase the voltage to about 1.15, the core clock to 850, and the memory to 1200. is the fan set to auto?

Joshua1187

I don't know how to set it to auto but i can set it to performance mode so its manually knocked up, if that will work.

joh06937

I don't know how to set it to auto but i can set it to performance mode so its manually knocked up, if that will work.

performance mode? are you talking about in msi afterburnder (not furmark)?

for the fan, go into ccc and go to overdrive and make sure the "enable manual fan control" is unchecked.

Joshua1187

HA! you meant for my GPU, yeah thats unchecked and the performance setting comes with a program on with my Mobo.

joh06937

which program? just use msi afterburner (the left side of the afterburner window) and change the sliders to the desired settings (1.5 on the core voltage, 850 on the core clock, and 1010 on the memory clock).

Joshua1187

TurboV EVO, I'll use MSI, 1.5? or 1.15 as instructed earlier? Mem is already at 1010

Also you said memory should be 1200 first time as well, should I leave it at 1010?

Joshua1187

ok, it goes by 2s or somthign so i set it at 849 (or should it be 851?) Set mem at 1200, it wont let me change the voltage.

Update: It also wont let me turn fan on Auto.