Radeon 5970 HD

Aastii

VIP Member
That HD is getting a smashing. I would recommend a HD as this is almost always the biggest bottleneck, but seems unlikely to cause FPS performance issue.

I would also check it in a more demanding game, the one on the screenshot looked like 2006 Halo. Get crysis running or 3DMark11 and then check CPU, i agree, its the next most likely thing.

Either way, new SSD or defrag regularly.

Also, (again because the thread is so deep), you have a 64bit OS right?

I would disagree.

Even an SSD will be a bottleneck because the other "main" components for gaming, your CPU, GPU and memory, are so much faster, so you will still see the hard drive getting to 100% load. I'm not saying you wouldn't see performance increase, you would, but only in load times, not in frame rates. It is FF14, which won't sit as low as 28FPS, even with a conventional hard drive.

If you look at the very end of the readings, the hard drive is only transfering 44kb/s, yet on the game, he is still getting just 28 FPS. The hard drive isn't being accessed any more, all of the data is loaded into memory, so it is something else causing the issue.

What results are you getting from playing other games, do they mirror what Final Fantasy is showing?

Joshua1187

This is FFXI - Jeuno

I also have L4d2, Warcraft 3, Bioshock, Elders Scroll, Requiem. Would you prefer I test it on any of these instead??

CPU%2BUsage%2Bin%2BJeuno.JPG