(re)build thread

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try browsing manually that location and see if it will let you, don't search for them. If it still won't let you, then transfer them to another computer to zip up.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you done a memory test on this yet? Cause this is pointing to a memory issue or possible infection but you just installed windows...

wolfeking

banned
I memtested it a while ago, last week I think. It showed no errors.

It may be a infection. I did not delete the stuff on the drive, i just let it install on top of Windows XP or vista that was already on here. Don't remember where the install were last used, but I stopped using them so there must have been a reason.

Doing a malewarebytes scan now.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like you have other issues with this as you couldn't even zip up those files. I would kill disk the drive and start fresh.

wolfeking

banned
okay. Not that I don't trust you, but I am going to finish the scan with Malewarebytes, and try a few other things first. Actually, I think it is a issue with the drive. this is the same one that we had issues testing before. :( But eh, Ill let it run and see how it goes as long as the maleware scans are clean.

I just don't want to have to spend more time repairing and such on this. I got my parts at 0900 ish and have yet to actually game on them or much of anything as I have been tearing it apart most of the day to sort other issues.

wolfeking

banned
found the issue I think.
Untitled-76.png

Perkomate

that could maybe be just a little teeny weeny problem. Good luck with the PC though. I know that feeling of having issues that make no sense.