Reasons to get a laptop for a high school student?

phantomofrussia

i have a dell inspiron and it is great. no issues with it. a little tip. once you find the laptop you want go and search it on google and find some reviews for it. there was this once site where they also had dell coupons. one of those coupons saved me 500 bucks :)

sorry dont remember the site

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I just got my laptop in senior year, so I'd be set for college. But for high school? I mean it's always good to have one, but it seems kind of over the top...

ikermalli

My mom is keen on it now, because the upkeep of my sisters computer for the next few years would be more than a laptop, and I am taking it in about 2-3 days so yeah... it'll be awesome. But I wont have sound for a while :(

ikermalli

I like the portability of it, also we need one that doesn't consume much power because our electricity bill cost went up apparently. Why would I get a really nice desktop? I might switch with my mom though because she has this really cool toshiba and all she does is leave it plugged in to the charger and have it on her desk. But her battery life is really bad, it is like 1 hr or 45 minutes even sometimes

ikermalli

Taking it on road trips (we drive to new york a lot), to peoples' houses for school work, taking it to the library, taking it to school (i talked to some teachers about bringing a laptop and they said that it was fine), also when we go to hotels my parents don't like bringing their own laptops because they are big but they always need to use the computer. Also to replace our 5 year old desktop that we have, and my sister wants to take my desktop because she hates laptops. Oh, and for vacation we go on tours around continents, like Europe tours and stuff like that so entertainment on trains, planes, and coach buses for that.

ikermalli

Because the screen is really small and it won't run mozilla firefox, ms word, Windows Live messenger and a lot of other programs that I use. Do you really think a PDA can be a substitute for a desktop?

AUTOBOOT2000

Because the screen is really small and it won't run mozilla firefox, ms word, Windows Live messenger and a lot of other programs that I use. Do you really think a PDA can be a substitute for a desktop?

Are you looking at PDA's from the 1990s?

No I don't think a PDA can substitute a desktop, BUT I do know it can substitute a laptop. You are just being stubborn.

ikermalli

With such a small screen? I don't think so. With multiple programs running at once? If you could give me a link to one that is not VERY expensive, I will consider it.

gla3dr

In my mind, a PDA is for things like scheduling or checking email at most. The screen is definitely too small to be used for things like firefox or word.