[Resolved]Bricked nexus 7?

Geoff

VIP Member
PLEASE JUST STOP ALL THIS BULLSHIT AND TELL ME HOW TO GET PASSED THIS ERROR!: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'
Do you get this error in TWRP? I can't keep straight if you are on a stock ROM or custom ROM, but I would do this:

1. If on the stock ROM, flash the System.img file via ADB. If on custom ROM, dirty flash the ROM in TWRP (don't wipe data)
  2. Flash SuperSU, reboot, verify root works
  3. Reboot into TWRP and flash xposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip, then reboot
  4. Sideload the xposed.apk file and launch it, it will tell you if xposed is installed
Don't take shortcuts and try to do this all at once, as that is probably the problem. I've had issues flashing all these at once without a reboot in between.

Grantapus

No, I'm not talking about reading the stickies to see if they have a FAQ on your error. I'm talking about reading the stickies to understand the installation procedures, and make sure you have all the prerequisites before installing anything.

Stop giving him fuel to reply.
I im pretty sure i have done every thing i need to do like a rooted device. i think this error is because my /system partition does not have enough space, how can i free some? exposed takes 100 MB of space i think.

Geoff

VIP Member
I im pretty sure i have done every thing i need to do like a rooted device. i think this error is because my /system partition does not have enough space, how can i free some? exposed takes 100 MB of space i think.
If doing what I said above doesn't work, look on XDA for a stripped down ROM with a lite GAPPS package.

Grantapus

Do you get this error in TWRP? I can't keep straight if you are on a stock ROM or custom ROM, but I would do this:

1. If on the stock ROM, flash the System.img file via ADB. If on custom ROM, dirty flash the ROM in TWRP (don't wipe data)
  2. Flash SuperSU, reboot, verify root works
  3. Reboot into TWRP and flash xposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip, then reboot
  4. Sideload the xposed.apk file and launch it, it will tell you if xposed is installed
Don't take shortcuts and try to do this all at once, as that is probably the problem. I've had issues flashing all these at once without a reboot in between.
@Geoff, im on a stock rom. i did what u said about flashing the system.img via adb, and adb sideloaded the aok. still does not work on the flash.

If doing what I said above doesn't work, look on XDA for a stripped down ROM with a lite GAPPS package.
im on a stock rom, and whole point is that i get custom rom features but keep the stock rom for stability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

VIP Member
@Geoff, im on a stock rom. i did what u said about flashing the system.img via adb, and adb sideloaded the aok. still does not work on the flash.
I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe you did that in 7 minutes. It takes me a good 10-15 minutes after flashing xposed for it to rebuild the cache, let alone the time to actually download and flash this. Make sure you are clearing the cache in TWRP as well.

im on a stock rom, and whole point is that i get custom rom features but keep the stock rom for stability.
I understand. If you want stability though, xposed isn't very stable.

Grantapus

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe you did that in 7 minutes. It takes me a good 10-15 minutes after flashing xposed for it to rebuild the cache, let alone the time to actually download and flash this. Make sure you are clearing the cache in TWRP as well.

I understand. If you want stability though, xposed isn't very stable.
I know that, but im not budging of of stock anytime soon
keep in mind that im on the 32 GB LTE version.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Do the factory reset through the settings and be sure to have it wipe all data.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yo, after I flashed a stock image to unbrick my Nexus, it's been running like a slug. How can I speed it up?
Let it sit for a while after you flash the factory image. It has to rebuild the cache, and in doing so it heats up which causes thermal throttling.

Grantapus

Let it sit for a while after you flash the factory image. It has to rebuild the cache, and in doing so it heats up which causes thermal throttling.
Okay. is there like a toolkit or something that installs EF (Exposed Framework) to my nexus 7 2nd gen automatically?

Geoff

VIP Member
Okay. is there like a toolkit or something that installs EF (Exposed Framework) to my nexus 7 2nd gen automatically?
No, all you need to do is flash the xposed installer ZIP, install the APK, and you're good. You just need to take your time, flash things one at a time, and not try and cut corners to save time.

Grantapus

No, all you need to do is flash the xposed installer ZIP, install the APK, and you're good. You just need to take your time, flash things one at a time, and not try and cut corners to save time.
am i misunderstanding? you download the zip, you download the apk. you enable unknown source, and install apk with the built in android installer. than you boot into twrp and flash the .zip file right?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
am i misunderstanding? you download the zip, you download the apk. you enable unknown source, and install apk with the built in android installer. than you boot into twrp and flash the .zip file right?
Is that the order Geoff told you to do it?

NO!

Intel_man

VIP Member
Is that the order Geoff told you to do it?

NO!
giphy.gif