[Resolved]Bricked nexus 7?

Geoff

VIP Member
So i install the zip, and than reboot to android and install apk?
Make sure you are stock, which it sounds like you are.

Flash SuperSU, reboot, make sure you have root by launching SuperSU.

Reboot into TWRP, flash Xposed. Wipe cache just to be safe, then reboot.

Install the xposed APK file, and launch it.

Grantapus

Make sure you are stock, which it sounds like you are.

Flash SuperSU, reboot, make sure you have root by launching SuperSU.

Reboot into TWRP, flash Xposed. Wipe cache just to be safe, then reboot.

Install the xposed APK file, and launch it.
Okay, i already have root so i dont need to worry about that. and i am on stock.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yes, and i have a tone of root apps, so i KNOW its working. and i launched it and showed my root app log, so i think its working, LOL
Okay, so now in TWRP take a backup before you go any further, this way if it fails you can restore the system partition. Then, flash the xposed ZIP ONLY, wipe cache, then reboot. If it comes up, then sideload the xposed APK.

Grantapus

Okay, so now in TWRP take a backup before you go any further, this way if it fails you can restore the system partition. Then, flash the xposed ZIP ONLY, wipe cache, then reboot. If it comes up, then sideload the xposed APK.
What do you mean sideload it? cant i just install the apk with the package installer?

Geoff

VIP Member
What do you mean sideload it? cant i just install the apk with the package installer?
The app is not in the Play Store, you need to sideload it to your device via some other means like plugging it into a computer, and then manually navigate to install it.

Grantapus

Okay, when i flashed the exposed, it says: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'

Geoff

VIP Member
Okay, when i flashed the exposed, it says: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'
Is that the right file for your tablet? I don't know off the top of my head if that's a 32 bit or 64 bit processor.

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm out of answers myself. I would go to the Nexus 7 2013 page on XDA and look for threads there on xposed, or ask one yourself. That device may require a custom xposed framework in order to work.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That's okay, I was lying anyhow!
Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything useful to contribute. I can understand you being frustrated with grantapus, but like I've said before, there is no requirement for you to reply to his threads.