[Resolved]Bricked nexus 7?

Geoff

VIP Member
crap, i installed it and it said the framework installed but was not active. my tablet was also running very slow. so i flashed the right uninstaller and it got stuck in a boot loop again. than i did the little adb trick and that failed. om twrp, i clicked shut down and it said there is no OS installed. i did make a flashable nandroid backup before this, should i flash that?
Did you install the APK? After you flashed the Xposed ZIP file you need to sideload the Xposed APK. Simply flashing Xposed itself shouldn't make your phone slow, it's likely because it had to rebuild the cache that it simply felt slow shortly after it booted up. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down and rebuild the cache, then try it.

Grantapus

OK, i need help now. tried to flash the stock image with adb (Fastboot flash) and it did not work. i tried useing the skipsoft toolkit, that did not work either! now what? im stuck on a boot animation with no recovery installed.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Boot into the bootloader and manually flash TWRP with ADB. Then boot into TWRP, wipe data/factory reset, and restore your Nandroid backup.

Geoff

VIP Member
It failed to restore my nandroid backup......
I'm not sure why you have all these problems, it's great that you're playing around with Android but you need to take a few extra minutes and be careful before you flash things. You should not be having these problems.

Simply download the factory image from Google, flash it, then flash TWRP over it, along with SuperSU, then Xposed.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Not being patient with learning how to do new things might be a reason. Like that's the worst thing to do when it comes to stuff like this, trying to find the easy way out and skipping steps thinking you're smart by doing that. Then it just bites you in the ass.

Doing the research before going through the steps of installation is key.

Laquer Head

I wonder how many more of these tablet threads we are going to see? Kinda getting ridiculous now...actually past being ridiculous, wasting peoples time and not listening to advice given.. that is offensive and i'm not sure why people even respond anymore!

Grantapus

I wonder how many more of these tablet threads we are going to see? Kinda getting ridiculous now...actually past being ridiculous, wasting peoples time and not listening to advice given.. that is offensive and i'm not sure why people even respond anymore!
WDUM? im just finding help?

I have my tablet unbricked, and rooted. the exposed install failed( error: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'. are there any toolkits to install this?

Last edited by a moderator:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Did you install the Xposed framework, reboot, and then install the Xposed APK through TWRP?

Laquer Head

You're kidding right? There are multiple threads regarding the same shit and honestly, you may be beyond help! In fact, I actually think helping you any further is counter productive, definitely a waste of keystrokes - you should probably start a list of members that you now need to buy new keyboards for.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
In fact, I actually think helping you any further is counter productive, definitely a waste of keystrokes
You don't need to respond to his threads. You haven't even done anything to help in this thread besides yell at him that he's an idiot.

Geoff

VIP Member

I have my tablet unbricked, and rooted. the exposed install failed( error: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'. are there any toolkits to install this?
I highly, highly recommend you read up here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed

It's a lot of information, but you need to fully understand what you are doing before you start blindly flashing files.

Grantapus

You don't need to respond to his threads. You haven't even done anything to help in this thread besides yell at him that he's an idiot.
PLEASE JUST STOP ALL THIS BULLSHIT AND TELL ME HOW TO GET PASSED THIS ERROR!: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'

Grantapus

Why don't you read what @Geoff linked...

Do us the favour... don't post any more questions until you've read the sticky threads from that link. We'd like to help, but we're not Geek Squad.
I have read the stickys, i cant find anything about this error: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'

Intel_man

VIP Member
I have read the stickys, i cant find anything about this error: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/exposed-v85-sdk23-arm.zip'
No, I'm not talking about reading the stickies to see if they have a FAQ on your error. I'm talking about reading the stickies to understand the installation procedures, and make sure you have all the prerequisites before installing anything.

i said STOP THE BULLSHIT.
Stop giving him fuel to reply.