Restarting?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Nope, It's says "Your system has recovered from a serious error...blah blah"

When I view the technical details there are two files named in the temps files... I've tried deleting them but they are being used by another program...

bldgengineer

Is your system defaulted to automatically restart in case of a crash? if so or you don't know do this:

right click my Computer, left click properties then the advanced tab, click on the startup & recovery settings box and uncheck automatically restart.

The next time it happens it should give you a blue screen of death. Write down whatever it says and put it up here.

PC eye

banned
Nope, It's says "Your system has recovered from a serious error...blah blah"

When I view the technical details there are two files named in the temps files... I've tried deleting them but they are being used by another program...

If the option to "press any key now to stop" the disk check utility message is seen let the drive tool run. You can also go to the Run prompt and type in dskchk.exe and press the enter key. You will then be asked to schedule it for the next startup. Do it! Let the system tool run so Windows has a record of this as well as fixing any minor problems found. This is due to a bad shutdown and there's no need to delete any files.

PC eye

banned
You might have had to type cmd in first. I know that you can also have it scheduled to run on the next bootup. But there are a few other ways besides the Run prompt to get it started. The MS link shows a few different steps for a manual start of the utility. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315265

In the meantime if you restart and see it then just it run for the few minutes it takes. On the next startup it won't be there to worry about.

PC eye

banned
A blue of screen of foobarville can be easily caused by the incorrect driver version or bad install of something as well as memory faults that have developed. But this is a new error you are now seeing there. When your new supply comes in you will know for sure then. Gee? I still haven't put the 550w in yet? hmmm I got the sata going with ease with the 480w. I guess that will be waiting for the next build.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've seen this before... It varies sometimes its this and sometimes it 'unkown'

There aren't any bad drivers that I have on, that I know about... I've got all the latest ones for the video card...

I got the latest one for the sound card but the sound went funny in Oblivion so I had to get rid of it :p

tweaker

VIP Member
Post the complete information found on the PSU side sticker. That X850 sure drain some power.

Edit: Never mind.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I found this thing that tell me what Drivers are out of date and what not...

untitledew6.jpg

I thought I had the latest ATI drivers!

I tried getting the latest drivers for me sound card (AC97) but that messed up my sound so I got rid of it... Do you think anything there could be causing the problem?

PC eye

banned
Realtek's AC97 has been known for sound dropouts but not the problems you have been seeing. When mentioning drivers earlier that isn't limited to video and sound there. Games as well as other programs have their own types of drivers. You're facing a hardware problem following the recent clean install of Windows ruling out viruses and too many possible driver conflicts seeing restarts. If anything you would be seeing Windows lockup when drivers hung.

joeswm8

how is this 133 replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats crazy, and the solution to your problem is quite clear.

its a simple clean install btw.

thank you, thank you, i know i am good

PC eye

banned
A clean install of Windows was recently done just before the problems began. How do you figure a clean is needed again? As explained earlier the supply is the culprit seeing power dropoffs. The new one should clean up this situation fast enough even if the new board, cpu, and any other upgrades goes on hold for the time being.

PC eye

banned
If the latest also sees problems you will have to go with the basic driver set or locate an older Catalyst version. This is rather a common problem then where the latest are written for newer model cards and no longer support the older model. I ran into this with the old Radeon 9550.