Scariest Game You've Ever Played

tlarkin

VIP Member
in "another world" you started as a physicist working at a particle accelerator, its hit by lightning as you use it flinging you into "another world", you then have to run away from some strange beast thats chasing you.

It was a precursor to one of my favourite games by Delphine software called "flashback", a lot of people thought it was a sequel but it didnt actually have any link to Another World

Ah yes, you jogged my memory and yeah I also played through flashback several times.

I think the scary part for me was the lack of understanding what was going on and the isolation, and how everything was against you, until you met your friend of course.

I don't frighten easily but I think if you tore me out of my element and tossed me in a foreign land where everyone was against me and I had no idea what was going on, I would probably be pretty damn scared.

Twist86

I have to say F.E.A.R Extraction Point scared the crap out of me the most out of all the games I have played.

I think the whole goal was to scare you in that xpac.

Though one thing I thought when I hit the phones in F.E.A.R was one time it was gonna be Alma screaming at me....well first damn phone in F.E.A.R EP she did just that and it made me leap out of my chair :p

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Last scary moment?

Ok, I finally picked up a working copy of Quake 4. Playing it maxed/Ultra with AF and AA (256mb of VRAM to boot!). I got to the Strogg medical facilities yesterday and after I went through the stroggification process, there were a couple of jumpy moments while escaping.

Didn't scare you? Go to hell. :p

Justin

VIP Member
Last scary moment?

Ok, I finally picked up a working copy of Quake 4. Playing it maxed/Ultra with AF and AA (256mb of VRAM to boot!). I got to the Strogg medical facilities yesterday and after I went through the stroggification process, there were a couple of jumpy moments while escaping.

Didn't scare you? Go to hell. :p

nope. quake 4 wasn't scary. but i love that game to death! i think i'll install it again. campaign was solid! :cool:

Yue

Fear was a scary game, great atmosphere it really got me when you go down that ladder and BANG she is right in front of you, then once you get to the bottom BANG, fetal comes along :) love it :D

Rothzael

Now that I think about it, I found the immersive terror of Call of Cthulu: Dark Corner of the Earth quite frightening.