Show off your speed

Geoff

VIP Member
Ah. The 100 minutes is a bit of a killer although I appear to be non-social enough to come in under that value on occasion lol.

Thanks for elaborating.
Yeah it doesn't work for everyone, but you could always use a VoIP app as well. I primarily text and use data so it could work for me.

claptonman

New job...

fNM8hFX.png

WeatherMan

Fiber AFTER copper?!

What's the point in that, It's the other way round here, fiber to the cab and copper to the house, next decades upgrade is for fiber from the cab to the home

Geoff

VIP Member
Fiber AFTER copper?!

What's the point in that, It's the other way round here, fiber to the cab and copper to the house, next decades upgrade is for fiber from the cab to the home
That's what I'm talking about...

He has fiber direct from the ISP to his house, it's fiber the entire way which allows for those high speeds and low pings. Most people are using cable or DSL, which is copper for a few blocks before it turns into fiber, and it's also a shared medium.

beers

Staff member
Fiber AFTER copper?!

There's plenty of other mediums your data travels through between two points. It's kind of irrelevant since the latency over such a short distance of copper would be impacted to such a minimal amount.

Even if you get FTTH your data is transcoded back into a copper switch at the CO and back out another fiber interface.

Darren

Staff member
The internet at the house we're renting for vacation had internet that's 6 times faster than home. Using this speed to download a bunch of stuff on Steam.

PCunicorn

The internet at the house we're renting for vacation had internet that's 6 times faster than home. Using this speed to download a bunch of stuff on Steam.
I assume your using DSL for speeds that low (at your normal house)? Why don't you switch to cable?