Skyrim Class

tlarkin

VIP Member
I picked it up, about 30 hours in. Did the Mage college and Thief guild quests so now I am the Arch Mage and the Guild Leader. I play a destruction and summoner mage mostly, but do have some 1-hand weapons. My companions I usually build as a tank, lots of armor and 2hander or shield/sword. Magic is pretty powerful and right now I have 200% mana regen rate so I can cast big spells pretty often but have no armor. So as long as my companion acts as a meat shield and my summon as a distraction I can pretty much beat anything.

Been playing on the adept level or whatever medium is. I will probably go back through and play again on expert mode once I beat the game over the first time. The only part I had a lot of trouble with was beating Morokei, which was vital since he gives you a 100% mana regen mask. I probably spent an hour on just him and he killed me lots.

Aastii

VIP Member
One thing which I dislike about the game, though it was true with previous TES games and FO, is that the difficulty curve is backwards - it starts off harder, with most difficulty mid game, in this case I found it to be around level 10-15, and once you get to late game you have so many skills and such good gear that you can stand taking crap from anything all at once and nuke them down so damn fast.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I found 2x1h to be relatively underpowered, but I take that back now. With two good weapons + skills + armour, I am face rolling everything.

I think I will do the same as tlarkin and play through again, only as a mage and with harder difficulty, as I too am on medium settings

=EDIT=

oh and last night with the help of a Canuck I finally worked out how to put the rings in the doors for the claws. I honestly had no idea and up to then was just trial and erroring it

Troncoso

VIP Member
One thing which I dislike about the game, though it was true with previous TES games and FO, is that the difficulty curve is backwards - it starts off harder, with most difficulty mid game, in this case I found it to be around level 10-15, and once you get to late game you have so many skills and such good gear that you can stand taking crap from anything all at once and nuke them down so damn fast.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I found 2x1h to be relatively underpowered, but I take that back now. With two good weapons + skills + armour, I am face rolling everything.

I think I will do the same as tlarkin and play through again, only as a mage and with harder difficulty, as I too am on medium settings

=EDIT=

oh and last night with the help of a Canuck I finally worked out how to put the rings in the doors for the claws. I honestly had no idea and up to then was just trial and erroring it

I feel the difficulty is a result of the level we play it at. I think I will also try a new character, but on the hardest difficulty and see what happens.

You know, if you'd read the journals by the guys you get the claws from, you'd know. Haha

Aastii

VIP Member
I feel the difficulty is a result of the level we play it at. I think I will also try a new character, but on the hardest difficulty and see what happens.

You know, if you'd read the journals by the guys you get the claws from, you'd know. Haha

The extent of me reading the books went something like this:

1. Find a book

2. Read said book

2a. If book is valuable, take/steal it

3. Hope the book gives quest

4. If book does give quest, follow marker

5. If book does not give quest, move on

:p

Kewl Munky

Anyone get the 100,000 gold achievement yet? I am up to 30,000, mostly got it from within the last couple days of playing. After a while money seems way too easy to get. Should be 1,000,000 gold, that would be a challenge.

linkin

VIP Member
Well, I trashed my saves and started over. So many things I didn't learn until later, so much stuff I threw away too. Going for a nord melee guy this time :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys,Does this game get tied to an account like steam or something if you buy retail?

I ask Because if it does not,then if dont like the game i could sell it on again.

Seems hardly any game devs these days release demos for pc games. :/

skidude

Does this game get tied to an account like steam or something if you buy retail?
Yes it does. When you put in the disk and hit "install" it brings up Steam and has you enter the code into Steam.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes it does. When you put in the disk and hit "install" it brings up Steam and has you enter the code into Steam.

:mad:

Whats even more annoying,Its £5 more on steam as a download than it is to buy retail......arghhh!

1337dingo

i got this game for my ps3 as i wanted to play and didnt wanna wait for my new graPHICS card to play it, i forgot about saving alot so i would get to a certain point die and get chucked way far back to the auto save, so yeah my only gripe is remembering to save often :p and thats my issue

Motorcharge

This is actually one of my favorite aspects of TES games. It's more realistic and I like seeing how high I can get my skills up. My main Oblivion character could damn near jump to the moon by the time I stopped playing. :D

linkin

VIP Member

=EDIT=

Pays to look at them in your inventory doesn't it? :D

Does anyone know how many claws there are? I found heaps, the gold, sapphire, emerald, diamond, ebony, ivory and i think a few others. There's so much stuff to do and loot to gather.

Aastii

VIP Member
This is actually one of my favorite aspects of TES games. It's more realistic and I like seeing how high I can get my skills up. My main Oblivion character could damn near jump to the moon by the time I stopped playing. :D

I didn't like Oblivion though, however having played Skyrim I bought it on Steam deal a few days back, hoping having played Skyrim excessively I will enjoy it more

Troncoso

VIP Member
Pays to look at them in your inventory doesn't it? :D

Does anyone know how many claws there are? I found heaps, the gold, sapphire, emerald, diamond, ebony, ivory and i think a few others. There's so much stuff to do and loot to gather.

...Should you...should you be keeping them for something???

jonnyp11

oh my god, i restarted with a wood elf archer assassin and i never woulda imagined how much better it is to play that way. that 2x and soon to be 3x sneak bonus damage helps so much. can someone tell me where the assassin's guild is or whatever?

Troncoso

VIP Member
oh my god, i restarted with a wood elf archer assassin and i never woulda imagined how much better it is to play that way. that 2x and soon to be 3x sneak bonus damage helps so much. can someone tell me where the assassin's guild is or whatever?

There is no Assassin's Guild... unless you mean the Dark Brotherhood.

1337dingo

lol few funny things, walked into a town looked at a chicken was like aww cute, then i was like DIE killed it and for killing a chicken the hole town decided i deserved to die... another after i had just killed the first dragon went to the town to talk to the king or whatever the guy next to him was like " he is not the dragon born if he was he would shout" .. so i did, and the guards decided i was to be killed...