temps too high

bebopin64

i just sold my paintball gun so i think i will just go buy a zalman. now that i think about it i know that the heatsink was installed right the first time when it was high because when i took it off to check it out i saw that the arctic silver was spread perfectly and the sink was on securely.

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
i just sold my paintball gun so i think i will just go buy a zalman. now that i think about it i know that the heatsink was installed right the first time when it was high because when i took it off to check it out i saw that the arctic silver was spread perfectly and the sink was on securely.
Ok sounds like a plan, give us an update

bebopin64

ok i drove 45 miles out to frys in rush hour to buy my heatsink got it drove back in rish hour and when i get home i find out that the zalman requires the heat sink to be screwed in. so i had already cleaned off the cpu so i decided to put back on the old one and with very careful perfect application of arctic silver my temps are now 36-37C idle. do i really need to go any lower to do some mild overclocking or should i save the 60 bucks?

thealmightyone

Is the weather really hot at the moment? It's just I would expect a dual core athlon to hit 30C at idle, may be a bit over.

Burgerbob

Decadence said:
my cpu is runnin about 45 degrees idle, it's brand new so how can i help it?
Thats a bit high... but dont highjack peoples threads, start a new one.
and Bebobin- WTF? thats really wierd, its like its malfunctioning or something. Maybe your sensor is bad.

Decadence

idk, my house has central air conditioningso, it's probably only a little bit hotter than normal room temperature in my room so i think something might be wrong

m0nk3ys1ms

Decadence said:
idk, my house has central air conditioningso, it's probably only a little bit hotter than normal room temperature in my room so i think something might be wrong

Are you using the stock cooler and thermal compound. We have the same avatar, lol.

Decadence

monkeysims said:
Are you using the stock cooler and thermal compound. We have the same avatar, lol.
im using the stock cooler and i which came with thermal compund on it. do you think it would help if i switch it to some aftermarket thermal compound?

and yes it is a mighty avatar

m0nk3ys1ms

Decadence said:
im using the stock cooler and i which came with thermal compund on it. do you think it would help if i switch it to some aftermarket thermal compound?

and yes it is a mighty avatar

Getting some Arctic Silver 5 might do the trick.