temps too high

bball4life

monkeysims said:
Best Buy sells thermal compound, but I don't think they sell AS5.
You can buy as5 on newegg.com but the stuff at bestbuy is probably better then the stock. Have you checked you airflow in your case, are you getting enough air moving over your heatsink to cool it down?

bebopin64

i went back to frys and exchanged the not usable heat sink for a usable one. so basically i told all the employees to get outta my way and picked it out myself and hey it fit. it dropped my temps to 36-37 idle which is a little cooler but maybe I am just destined to have a slightly warm cpu. ill see what the load temp is with the new one though sometimes new sinks dont help idle much but really lower load temp.

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
i went back to frys and exchanged the not usable heat sink for a usable one. so basically i told all the employees to get outta my way and picked it out myself and hey it fit. it dropped my temps to 36-37 idle which is a little cooler but maybe I am just destined to have a slightly warm cpu. ill see what the load temp is with the new one though sometimes new sinks dont help idle much but really lower load temp.
Thats a much better temp though, did you use AS5 cause you will get a few degree drop if you properly installed it after it kicks in. Still not that bad of a temp though.

bebopin64

i used as5. now under full bf2 cpu load with a .2 GHz overclock I max at 57C and average 56C. That is safe for a max load eh?

bebopin64

well these are my new gay temps. after running bf2 my temps didnt go back to where they were before they went down to here.
untitled.JPG
My HDD is really hot now and my cpu idle temps are a bit up. I'm about to give up unless anybody has anymore suggestions.

bball4life

Thats ridiculous, my cpu is at 100% all the time and is at 45 almost 100% of the time. There has got to be a reason for this, whether your cpu is just hot or what.

BTW did you ever try shutting off the 80mm fan on your side panel. If not try that and then on the hole that is was in take some like cardboard and make a duct to your cpu, see if that helps.

Like this one on this case.

Last edited:

bebopin64

wwell actually after downloading everest I have found out that temp 1 is not my CPU temp it is actually my motherboard temp. I am confused though because everest says that my cpu temp is 25C but it never changes. is that a good mobo temp under load and why doesnt my cpu temp change on everest?

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
wwell actually after downloading everest I have found out that temp 1 is not my CPU temp it is actually my motherboard temp. I am confused though because everest says that my cpu temp is 25C but it never changes. is that a good mobo temp under load and why doesnt my cpu temp change on everest?
I think the everest trial edition may be kind of messed up because 25c is almost impossible for a cpu temp and ckfordy was getting the same things and he was having heat issues as well. Best bet is to buy a thermal probe and use it to check your temps, and try the duct thing, your cpu temp will change your mobo's temp will hardly change.

m0nk3ys1ms

25C is not an impossible CPU temp. Alot of peoples AMD chips idle below that.

@BeBopin
Maybe Temp 3 is you CPU temp?

bball4life

monkeysims said:
25C is not an impossible CPU temp. Alot of peoples AMD chips idle below that.
I didn't say it was impossible, you do realize that is only 77F which is below most peoples room temperature, so unless you have cooling thats not air or water, since the water is cooled by the air, then your cpu temp can't be below your room temp.

bebopin64

these are the comparisons i see.
Speedfan / Everest
Temp1 / Aux
Temp2 / Motherboard
Temp3 / CPU

Ok the CPU temp on both programs doesn't change. I believe Speedfan takes Temp1 as the CPU temp but its not its Aux. I'm not really sure what Aux is though in everest. What is it?

Last edited:

m0nk3ys1ms

bebopin64 said:
these are the comparisons i see.
Speedfan / Everest
Temp1 / Aux
Temp2 / Motherboard
Temp3 / CPU

Ok the CPU temp on both programs doesn't change. I believe Speedfan takes Temp1 as the CPU temp but its not its Aux. I'm not really sure what Aux is though in everest. What is it?

Aux isn't anything.