temps too high

bebopin64

i have come to decide that Aux/Temp1 is not the cpu temp because it would be unexplicably high if it were. And in this case if something is unexplainable its probably not true.

m0nk3ys1ms

Everest Support said:
Q#18: What does the "Aux" temperature shown on the Computer / Sensor page mean?

A#18: There is no standard for sensor registers layout, so the "Aux" temperature could show the temperature of the CPU or the motherboard, or might be a non-connected wire of the sensor chip, and so it could show a bogus value.

That should answer your question.

bebopin64

I doubt it is the CPU temp because it would be ridiculous if it were going up to 60+C with a $60 Zalman on it. It does respond to CPU load but the CPU just can't be hitting 60+C.

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
I doubt it is the CPU temp because it would be ridiculous if it were going up to 60+C with a $60 Zalman on it. It does respond to CPU load but the CPU just can't be hitting 60+C.
But is it the same temp as speedfan? If so then it is your cpu temp, go buy a couple dollar temp probe and check it that way.

bebopin64

where can i get a temperature probe to check it? it just doesnt make any sense that my cool n quite cpu would be idleing at 42C with suck a nice cooler on it.

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
where can i get a temperature probe to check it? it just doesnt make any sense that my cool n quite cpu would be idleing at 42C with suck a nice cooler on it.
I think at like radio shack, if not there most likely like comp usa.

m0nk3ys1ms

bebopin64 said:

Seven Words.

Look at the temperatures in the BIOS.

bball4life

monkeysims said:
Seven Words.

Look at the temperatures in the BIOS.
Still uses the same thermal probe in the motherboard, it will give the same reading as everest and speedfan, but those things can be off by up to like 10c.

m0nk3ys1ms

bball4life said:
Still uses the same thermal probe in the motherboard, it will give the same reading as everest and speedfan, but those things can be off by up to like 10c.

The programs aren't nessicarlly going to read the same as the BIOS.

bball4life

monkeysims said:
The programs aren't nessicarlly going to read the same as the BIOS.
Ya they are, its the same thermal probe, its not gonna give off two readings for the bios and a program, its gonna be different due to cpu usage that is it.

m0nk3ys1ms

bball4life said:
Ya they are, its the same thermal probe, its not gonna give off two readings for the bios and a program, its gonna be different due to cpu usage that is it.

Programs have flaws.

bball4life

monkeysims said:
Programs have flaws.
If speedfan and everest are reading the same, then it will read the same in the bios. Its not the programs flaw its the thermal probes flaw that will give a false reading.

bebopin64

there has to just be something wrong with the sensor because every time i restart my temp my idle is higher. it used to be 37C back with the old heatsink and that increased after a few restarts to 42C. I then changed heatsinks and after a few restarts its now 45C.

bball4life

bebopin64 said:
there has to just be something wrong with the sensor because every time i restart my temp my idle is higher. it used to be 37C back with the old heatsink and that increased after a few restarts to 42C. I then changed heatsinks and after a few restarts its now 45C.
Thats really strange. Sure sounds like something is messed up.