Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Also Microsoft acknowledged the problems with their systems made in 2005. Anyone who had to get a '05 system repaired and paid for it (like myself) either have gotten a refund on the amount paid to repair it or will be soon. I got my check last week. Good to see they care for their customers.

I am also surprised that the PoS3 has as many votes as they do, probably all the Sony fanboys picking it. All the success of the PS2 has gotten in the head of Sony and they think they are so great when they are not

Sounds like a XBox fanboy to me... :p

Thanks for the links tlarkin, looks almost exactly like what I was expecting, I'm thinking the Wii will end up with around 40% market share, XBox 360 with about 35% and the PS3 with about 25%... Let's wait a year and see... :) (and by then, I'll deny I've ever said this... :p)

MasterEVC

Sounds like a XBox fanboy to me... :p

Thanks for the links tlarkin, looks almost exactly like what I was expecting, I'm thinking the Wii will end up with around 40% market share, XBox 360 with about 35% and the PS3 with about 25%... Let's wait a year and see... :) (and by then, I'll deny I've ever said this... :p)

Not X-Box fanboy, just anti-sony thats all :p Im all for the Wii & 360.

ghost

Not X-Box fanboy, just anti-sony thats all Im all for the Wii & 360.
Yup im heading that way too. SONY really did piss me off with all this waiting. I wanted to get a PS3 pretty bad in the UK but now i couldnt give a dam about it. Think for now im just gonna stick with my PC and X360.

[M]onkeyman

PS3 Vs Wii

While brousing the interweb for somthing smart to say i stumbled apon this video..I dont know if its already been posted and im to lazy to check:-D.

This video gives input to both sides of the argument, hopfully it will make up some of your minds as to which is the better console.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/video/ps3_vs_wii.shtml

P.s i dont know how to do a hyper link properly so..meh :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
[M]onkeyman;511319 said:
While brousing the interweb for somthing smart to say i stumbled apon this video..I dont know if its already been posted and im to lazy to check:-D.

This video gives input to both sides of the argument, hopfully it will make up some of your minds as to which is the better console.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/video/ps3_vs_wii.shtml

P.s i dont know how to do a hyper link properly so..meh :)

LOL, I've seen that video before. I don't think it is going to help make up any ones mind though :p.

tlarkin

VIP Member
if you look at that call of duty link I posted, I almost want to say that the 360 looks better than the PS3

R2_Shot_U

me, personally would go with the 360, i love the games and the online support for the console is pretty awesome. Just yesterday i searched for the WoW episode of south park on the marketplace, and i found it and just about every other episode from the season. There are prices, but the the priciest ive seen is 2 dollars, and thats for a full length movie. Also, from the heating issue, microsoft is putting in a new cpu sometime next year. It will make the 360 run faster, AND produce less heat, making it unneccesary to buy the third party intercoolers and whatnot.

ventureman

I'm not going to say the following because I oppose your answer, but I feel it needs to be said.

That was total fanboyism at it's best. It is best to explain why you feel the xbox 360 is the better choice and customer service just don't cut it. Don't take this as my picking on you but rather lending good posting advice ;). Wehn You post with such a definite answer in a situation like this with little discussion to back up your argument, you come off as a fanboy.

blue im not a fanboy i like all consoles currently out i do not prefer microsoft over sony or nintendo and hopefully i will own all three systems one day.:cool:

Robertw18

Between the two options, I would say X-Box... have you seen the reports of people accidentally throwing their Wii controllers through their TVs? The problem seems to be that the cord is snapping on a lot of these controllers. This really isn't something you have to worry about with the X-box.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Between the two options, I would say X-Box... have you seen the reports of people accidentally throwing their Wii controllers through their TVs? The problem seems to be that the cord is snapping on a lot of these controllers. This really isn't something you have to worry about with the X-box.

That is actually pretty darn funny. I'd imagine there are allot of people out there with mushy hands. I just cannot see how this would happen often enough to be a real issue.

Do you have any sources you could point us toward? If not heard of this issue yet (other then in another post I read the other day).

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Thanks for the links, I'm still looking. I have to take a break to say though, I cannot see it being a big problem. Honestly you should be able to not even use the wrist strap and be able to hold the controller fine. I think it would be more an issue with the clumsy. But it still is a very funny issue and a first no doubt. Although I'm sure many a game controller has been thrown in the past, this might just be the first time it is happening accidentally, LOL.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Check it out Blue, crave the CNET blog has dove into this and outlined many problems that this has occured quite often.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-966....html?tag=head
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-966....html?tag=blog
Jeesh, i'm still looking at the others :p. Thanks for the links though & I will give them a good look at.

Edit:

Well I took a look at those two links. I have to say I'm not really impressed by them. I have to also say, I feel there is no real reason why someone would loose grip on the Wii-mote. I can see it happening occasionally from time to time. I just do not see it as an epidemic as people are suggesting. It would to me be the equivalent of someones hands slipping on the steering wheel of a car, or feet off the gas/break pedals... Freakish accidents.

Last edited: