Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Ok, this thread has been merged with the Official Thread since it has deviated from the original topic pretty far... Please continue! :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
The people breaking the wiimotes are people who are obviously swinging it way too hard. I own a wii, and have never swung it hard enough for it to break something. However, there have been a few heated madden games where I have flung the wiimote a bit harder than usual, but never to the point where it would break.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
My wife was watching Goodmorning America and apparently the issue was discussed on there.

I just cannot fathom why people cannot hang on to these darn things. As stated above ^^^, people are swinging these things way too hard. Why in the heck are there not more baseball injuries from flying bats? or golfing accidents from flying golf clubs? lost fishing poles, flying through the air and into the water? I know these things obviously happen but they are rare... aren't they? I just think it is silly and people should perhaps work out their hands and get a bit of strength in them before they are allowed to swing a Wii-mote.

This has quickly gone from funny to sad.

JTM

I'll stick with my 360 that has been running flawlessly since launch. But anyways, the DS has got me playing Final Fantasy 3..Such a good game, recommend it to all DS owners.

hpi

banned
There all good imo. And if you don't like the wiimote then just use the normal manette for it.

MasterEVC

I'll stick with my 360 that has been running flawlessly since launch. But anyways, the DS has got me playing Final Fantasy 3..Such a good game, recommend it to all DS owners.
I agree. Brings back the good ole FF gameplay which I like a lot better then the new FF games (although the new ones are good too)

tlarkin

VIP Member
I just downloaded bomberman '93 on my Wii (turbograffix version) and man I am already sucked right back into it!

ChrisUlrich

PS3 vs 360

My buddy just "read" that 360 is graphically better then PS3? He says he forgot where he read it but this is what he said...

"I can't remember why but I know it has to do with the framerate and stress on the processor"

Is that even close to true? I read that PS3 has AF AA while 360 doesn't... PS3 has three high powered processors and runs 1080p @ 60fps when 360 does it at 30fps. Any help here?

Yasu

My buddy just "read" that 360 is graphically better then PS3? He says he forgot where he read it but this is what he said...

"I can't remember why but I know it has to do with the framerate and stress on the processor"

Is that even close to true? I read that PS3 has AF AA while 360 doesn't... PS3 has three high powered processors and runs 1080p @ 60fps when 360 does it at 30fps. Any help here?

dot dot dot...

You've got your 'facts' seriously messed up. As far as I know, the PS3 has one 8-core CPU while the 360 has a 3-core CPU. And the 360 does have AA, not sure about the AF since I haven't payed attention to that detail but I'm pretty sure it does. Now, about the 60 fps while running games at 1080p...The problem here is that the PS3 and 360 only have a handful of games that actually run at that resolution. I think I saw only one PS3 game that actually supported that resolution. Not sure about 360 games since 1080p was just recently added. Anyways, in the end it comes down to the developers to actually utilize each system's power in the right way. NamcoBandai apparently did a bad job when they made Gundam Crossfire. The game looks like crap and plays like it too.

ChrisUlrich

dot dot dot...

You've got your 'facts' seriously messed up. As far as I know, the PS3 has one 8-core CPU while the 360 has a 3-core CPU. And the 360 does have AA, not sure about the AF since I haven't payed attention to that detail but I'm pretty sure it does. Now, about the 60 fps while running games at 1080p...The problem here is that the PS3 and 360 only have a handful of games that actually run at that resolution. I think I saw only one PS3 game that actually supported that resolution. Not sure about 360 games since 1080p was just recently added. Anyways, in the end it comes down to the developers to actually utilize each system's power in the right way. NamcoBandai apparently did a bad job when they made Gundam Crossfire. The game looks like crap and plays like it too.

"The Ps3 has all of it video ram right up front. The Ps3 has 256 up font, that means....... When it is time to use more ram, the PS3 calls for it, When that time comes, the ps3 drops frame rate fast. the cpu is now in over drive, and the video card is working real hard to run games."

That sound right?

Also hearing that the PS3 has an old skool video card compared to the 360s?

grimxx

Humm interesting subject I played that ps3 and man was I all hyped up for the graphics but they wern't all that good so I just decided not to get one or at least till I see a great game maybe metal gear 4, unreal tornament, and kill zone 2 will look like they actually say its going to look,anyways after I played it I couldn't help but feel disappointed , the graphics wernt that good I mean yeah better than everything else but it's just like my computer I like the graphics but when I came down to it all I really did was like the gameplay, then I saw the wii and was wow that seems like alot fun to play and stuff but I never got around to it. but the main point is that it is the game that in the end matters not how good the graphics are my vote goes to the ps3 since I don't like the 360 to much and I haven't played the wii yet

ChrisUlrich

I have read it, ok. The PS3 has potential. Big deal.

You know those 400,000 consoles Sony supposedely sold out the first 2 weeks. Think again.

Sony sells less than 200,000 PS3 units in November

I'm gonna be blown away if the 360s graphics are always on par with PS3s or damn close enough to where it don't matter. That would totally be a buzzkill on the Sony community for being the total graphics powerhouse between the 3 main consoles. Especially since I have heard people comparing 360s and PS3s graphics to PC games like Crysis and whatnot.

tlarkin

VIP Member
First off, I think the PS3 is an overpriced under used POS at the moment, however, I digress. The devs have only had their PS3 dev kits since summer of 2006. Its not like they have had lots of time to develope games for it. The PS3 will definitely get better there is no doubt about it, but at the same time, every other console will too.

In fact they are talking about releasing firmware updates some day to make the Wii HD compatable, and the 360 has already released a firmware update that makes in 1080P compatable. So, we all know its possible.