Which do you like better: 360, PS3, Wii

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

lovely?

Well it is not really ridiculous, it would be the same as if I called you "boy". We all have names/nicknames here. Besides It did not bother me as much as you seemed to think. But If I say I was offended, well then you'd have no choice but to stop :p. See how fun that is?

yes. we do all have nicknames on here. i really do not prefer to be called lovely, i am a boy. call me matt. or some other stupid made up name. not lovely. I DID NOT TYPE THAT IN (my older bro did) but i really dont mind, because everybody seems to find it funny

EDIT: thats the whole reason behind the pick showing me in person. to prove beyond reasonable dout that i am a boy

Pck21

Ok I just purchased a PS3 last night which now means I own ALL 3 next gen consoles. Here are some of my thoughts on all 3 systems if anyone wants to listen:

1.) Nintendo Wii- Unbelievably fun!. I rate this as my number one favorite out of all 3 systems just because of how innovative and easy it is. You can easily pick up and play ANY title and you are guaranteed to have fun and also change your gaming perspective. I love Madden 07. I bought it for 360 when it came out and I couldn't put it down until I got it on Wii for xmas. I love the Wii version so much better just because of all the great features and controls. I haven't played the 360 version again. Zelda, Rayman, and even the Wii Sports will keep you entertained for months. If your short on cash, new to the gaming world, or want a system that is just plain fun, pick up a Wii.

2.) Xbox 360- Great system for serious gamers. The games are beautiful and the controls are always flawless. There are some innovative titles for it but I love the online play. It's fast, easy, and great with the headset. The demos are great to download so you can pick which games you really want to buy or just rent. The games have gotten better and better each month and I haven't regretted buying this machine at all. I rate it number 2 on the list because of the game library and online features. It's fun, but not like the Wii. If you have the cash, get this one.

3.) Playstation 3- A couple words on this system; Over-hyped and disappointing. I just bought this last night and I feel like I've been cheated. The games are so-so, nothing impressive. The one game that everyone gets, Resistance, is just decent. That's it, decent. For the amount of money I spent on this thing, it should do my laundry and wash my car along with playing games. Yes it has a blu-ray player. So what? That's not what I paid for. I want games. Good games. Not decent games. The initial launch titles were more than disappointing. Now I don't judge solely based on launch titles of any system but even the 360 had better titles out by now. I am banking on the fact that this is Sony and they should be coming out with those games that make me proud to be a PS3 owner. The online features are slick, but also lacking and empty at the same time. It just doesn't feel finished. If you have the cash and are bored, get this. If not, just wait until the price comes down. I only got this because I received $100 off for trading in my PS2 and a couple of gift cards that brought the price down to $400, which we won't see anytime soon. Buyer beware on this one.

By the way I bought the best of the best systems. I did not buy the lower end systems just to have it. I am basing all of my opinions on the fact that I spent well over $1000 for all 3 systems. In other words if you buy the best you should receive the best. I don't think that is so in this case because I think the Wii is so much better than the other 2 systems. I hope this helps those people who are on the fence about which ones to get. If you disagree with me, tell me why.

rationalthinking

Ok I just purchased a PS3 last night which now means I own ALL 3 next gen consoles. Here are some of my thoughts on all 3 systems if anyone wants to listen:

1.) Nintendo Wii- Unbelievably fun!. I rate this as my number one favorite out of all 3 systems just because of how innovative and easy it is. You can easily pick up and play ANY title and you are guaranteed to have fun and also change your gaming perspective. I love Madden 07. I bought it for 360 when it came out and I couldn't put it down until I got it on Wii for xmas. I love the Wii version so much better just because of all the great features and controls. I haven't played the 360 version again. Zelda, Rayman, and even the Wii Sports will keep you entertained for months. If your short on cash, new to the gaming world, or want a system that is just plain fun, pick up a Wii.

2.) Xbox 360- Great system for serious gamers. The games are beautiful and the controls are always flawless. There are some innovative titles for it but I love the online play. It's fast, easy, and great with the headset. The demos are great to download so you can pick which games you really want to buy or just rent. The games have gotten better and better each month and I haven't regretted buying this machine at all. I rate it number 2 on the list because of the game library and online features. It's fun, but not like the Wii. If you have the cash, get this one.

3.) Playstation 3- A couple words on this system; Over-hyped and disappointing. I just bought this last night and I feel like I've been cheated. The games are so-so, nothing impressive. The one game that everyone gets, Resistance, is just decent. That's it, decent. For the amount of money I spent on this thing, it should do my laundry and wash my car along with playing games. Yes it has a blu-ray player. So what? That's not what I paid for. I want games. Good games. Not decent games. The initial launch titles were more than disappointing. Now I don't judge solely based on launch titles of any system but even the 360 had better titles out by now. I am banking on the fact that this is Sony and they should be coming out with those games that make me proud to be a PS3 owner. The online features are slick, but also lacking and empty at the same time. It just doesn't feel finished. If you have the cash and are bored, get this. If not, just wait until the price comes down. I only got this because I received $100 off for trading in my PS2 and a couple of gift cards that brought the price down to $400, which we won't see anytime soon. Buyer beware on this one.

By the way I bought the best of the best systems. I did not buy the lower end systems just to have it. I am basing all of my opinions on the fact that I spent well over $1000 for all 3 systems. In other words if you buy the best you should receive the best. I don't think that is so in this case because I think the Wii is so much better than the other 2 systems. I hope this helps those people who are on the fence about which ones to get. If you disagree with me, tell me why.

good review on all three consoles...

i own a wii for the simple fact of playing Zelda TP... the controllers make the game... and by the way, the graphics aren't that bad ethier, even though they were hybrid gamecube..

Pck21

good review on all three consoles...

i own a wii for the simple fact of playing Zelda TP... the controllers make the game... and by the way, the graphics aren't that bad ethier, even though they were hybrid gamecube..

Why thank you :) I am just being fair to all 3 of them because I have actually played all 3, which is alot more than most people on here can say.

I LOVE Zelda TP for my Wii! You're right the controllers really do make the game. I find myself physically dodging enemies when playing like I'm Link or something lol. The story line is great too. I haven't got very far because I'm currently playing all of my new 360 games, the other games for Wii, and now Resistance on the PS3. But I have to say that TP is one of the best games, if not THE, best game on the market for any system. Sure the graphics are only like "GameCube 2.0" but the controls and story more than make up for it. I would recommend Rayman as well. It's a fun little game and it's addicting with a bunch of friends.

I'd also like to add something to my PS3 review. As I play it more and more it's not as bad as I made it out to be. However, the online features are completely lacking, the graphics are no better than a 360 game, and the games that I've demoed are nothing at all spectacular. If I didn't get $200 off of the $600 version, I would be so disappointed and angry at Sony for such a rip-off system. If you loved your PS2, keep it until that killer app comes to the PS3 and save your money. It's still the prettiest console I own though, I'll give it that.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I read on digg.com the other week that Wiis are now more in demand than even before the holidays. Everyone was skeptical about how the Wii would play out, and since the PS3 has gotten such a bad rep from lots of people saying its a rip off people are starting to go for the wii. They are still selling out. I can now randomly find PS3s at targets, best buy, etc. I saw one at walmart the other day when I ran in to get batteries. I looked at it, and saw it sitting behind the glass case and thought for about a micro second if I should have bought it. I then laughed and walked off.

Darman

I agree with the whole PS3-isn't-that-great theory. I do, however, think that it will start to be awesome in two years when programmers start utilizing all 50 or so freakin' gigs on the blu-ray, and learn how to program for nine cores

Pck21

I read on digg.com the other week that Wiis are now more in demand than even before the holidays. Everyone was skeptical about how the Wii would play out, and since the PS3 has gotten such a bad rep from lots of people saying its a rip off people are starting to go for the wii. They are still selling out. I can now randomly find PS3s at targets, best buy, etc. I saw one at walmart the other day when I ran in to get batteries. I looked at it, and saw it sitting behind the glass case and thought for about a micro second if I should have bought it. I then laughed and walked off.

Man that brought back some recent memories lol. I was also in a Target and saw a 20GB PS3 behind the glass and I kept thinking to myself, "should I?" So then like a sign, I got an e-mail from ebgames, which said that if you trade in your PS2 then you get $100 off a PS3. I kept thinking well maybe some ebgame store will have at LEAST 1. Every one of them I called said that they had plenty of PS3's in stock. So I went out and bought one with no problem. The guy at the store even said, and I quote, "Man you're going to be disappointed with this thing..." And mind you this is after handing my credit card that was about to swiped for $400 lol. I asked,"Yea? Why is that?" He then said, "The Wii has been selling like crazy here." And I said, "Well actually I have a Wii and a 360." He says, "Well at least you got the fun one then..." and hands me back my card. Unbelievable.

Anyways, I still have yet to find a retail Wii somewhere. PS3's are popping up everywhere. Just shows that the price and the bottom line fun factor are what move consoles, not how beautiful the games are. I love my Wii much better than my PS3.

lovely?

nine cores? huh?

and anyways, i have been hearing about the wristbands breaking on the wii controllers. is that still a problem or did nintendo fix that already?

i just wanna know because i want a wii and i dont want to buy it if its gonna break lol

(also, does anybody know if or when they will be making third party games for the wii? cuz i never really liked the cartoonish play of the gamecube)

Last edited:

Pck21

I agree with the whole PS3-isn't-that-great theory. I do, however, think that it will start to be awesome in two years when programmers start utilizing all 50 or so freakin' gigs on the blu-ray, and learn how to program for nine cores

I agree with you here. The only reason I bought a PS3 is because I know that Sony is not going to disappoint. I think that in a about 1 year I'll own more PS3 games than 360 games without a doubt. BUT that all depends on IF developers want to put in the time to develop and create a "true" PS3 game. I think the sky is the limit for PS3 developers and I can't wait until that killer app comes out for it. But right now I'm completely disappointed and feel like this should be the console that no one can find. The tables have completely turned on Sony and they need to bring some big time games like the MGS series and the Final Fantasy series to those gamers. Personally I'll play every shooter and sports game (limited to hockey, baseball, and football) that comes out for it. So far, I'm unimpressed.

lovely?

while you guys think of graphics and such, i love the xbox controlles, and i hate the way the ps2 controllers fit in my hand. the thumbstick and numpad are in terrible positions on the ps2 controllers, and i could never use them. am i the only one that feels that way? lol

Pck21

nine cores? huh?

and anyways, i have been hearing about the wristbands breaking on the wii controllers. is that still a problem or did nintendo fix that already?

I did not about the 9 cores either...should make it interesting.

However, yes they did fix the problem with the Wii straps. All you have to do is go to Nintendo, register your console to see if it needs it, and order how ever many you want. I ordered 2 because I had an extra controller and they came relatively fast and at no cost to me. That's another reason why I like Nintendo. If there's a problem, they recognize it and fix it very fast.

However I am noticing some sound distortion on one of my Wii controllers. I've read about some other people experiencing the same thing, so I guess stay tuned :)

Oh by the way the PS3 controllers don't vibrate. I don't know if I mentioned that, but it really is a big notice when you've been playing with it for years.

Pck21

while you guys think of graphics and such, i love the xbox controlles, and i hate the way the ps2 controllers fit in my hand. the thumbstick and numpad are in terrible positions on the ps2 controllers, and i could never use them. am i the only one that feels that way? lol

Haha no I've always been used to the PS controller scheme. I guess you have weird hands...? I don't know. I like the 360 controller for fps's though. Much more you can do and much more fluid.

lovely?

yea yet another blow to the ps3. you cant get halo styled playt without vibration, because how will you know when the stupid grunts sneak up behind you and start shooting? i plain dont like it lol

tlarkin

VIP Member

yeah but in two years the PS3 will drop in price, and can it survive for 2 years with the crap it is going through and sony is going through?

Also, HD-DVD already holds 51gigs of data now in a dual layer disc surpassing blu ray by 1 gig. Xbox 360 can already play DVD9 dual layer discs, who is to say a small firmware upgrade won't make it HD-DVD compatible? They did it already to make it 1080p compliant.

Why buy a console and have it suck for two years?

webmaster.jacob

Man that brought back some recent memories lol. I was also in a Target and saw a 20GB PS3 behind the glass and I kept thinking to myself, "should I?" So then like a sign, I got an e-mail from ebgames, which said that if you trade in your PS2 then you get $100 off a PS3. I kept thinking well maybe some ebgame store will have at LEAST 1. Every one of them I called said that they had plenty of PS3's in stock. So I went out and bought one with no problem. The guy at the store even said, and I quote, "Man you're going to be disappointed with this thing..." And mind you this is after handing my credit card that was about to swiped for $400 lol. I asked,"Yea? Why is that?" He then said, "The Wii has been selling like crazy here." And I said, "Well actually I have a Wii and a 360." He says, "Well at least you got the fun one then..." and hands me back my card. Unbelievable.

Anyways, I still have yet to find a retail Wii somewhere. PS3's are popping up everywhere. Just shows that the price and the bottom line fun factor are what move consoles, not how beautiful the games are. I love my Wii much better than my PS3.

i was at wal-mart two days ago and they had a spot just for the ps3's there was about 30-40 of them and as i was walking out i saw some one returning a ps3 i asked them why r u returning it he said he is going to wait for a nother truck load of wiis to come and go get one.

lovely?

lol thats weird because a guy i saw the other day was trying to buy the last ps3 from a guy who just bought it from wal-mart and he offered him 2K but the guy said no. stupid idiot omg i could do so much with 2k