Which do you like better: 360, PS3, Wii

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

webmaster.jacob

All good points tlarkin. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, Sony the Company is not going down because of the loss of the playstation product. It will hurt them in such a huge way. The laptop batteries was an excellent point.

Sony is making large sales on the playstation 2 product as we speak remember. If they got smart, I think they could bounce back. The problem is, Sony makes so many stupid moves. They would prob. tell you though, they are calculated risks. Risks that Sony obvsiously feels that they can afford to make. Can they? personally I'd have no way of knowing.

As for the nintendo and sony comments... Yup I know :). It is really interesting how products are sometimes created. Not nearly as interesting as how Microsoft made it's name though (the last part about Microsoft was just senseless dribble).

talking about if sony can afford the risks? YES because when comes to t.vs,dvds,vcrs,steros, and other things they r just as big as microsoft and can take hit from the ps3 and i have to say that i beleave there will be a ps4,ps5,ps6 ect.. Because they learn from the problems that they have.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Now do not get me wrong, I'm not saying that they cannot take the risks... I merely voiced the fact that I'm in no way of knowing. I've actually implied that I felt they could, without directly saying so.

As for learning from their mistakes... I'll voice my opinion on that after the HD-DVD and Blue-Ray war is over ;).

tlarkin

VIP Member
Put it this way. IBM, who probably has more money than sony and is just as huge, sells off its technologies all the time when it becomes a hassle. I am not by any means saying sony will go under, but they could very well sell off the Playstation Franchise to like HP, Nintendo, MS, or whomever wanted to buy it.

IBM had the market on HDs for the longest time, had one major mishap, had a huge recall, never really recovered, sold its HD technology to hitachi.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Put it this way. IBM, who probably has more money than sony and is just as huge, sells off its technologies all the time when it becomes a hassle. I am not by any means saying sony will go under, but they could very well sell off the Playstation Franchise to like HP, Nintendo, MS, or whomever wanted to buy it.
I "think" Sony is prob. proudest of the playstation above all else. So I guess i'm trying to say that I doubt it would happen. But yes there is always possibility of such things.

IBM had the market on HDs for the longest time, had one major mishap, had a huge recall, never really recovered, sold its HD technology to hitachi.
Good point, And something I did not know :). Thanks.

Edit:

I guess I also want to add that I doubt they will consider selling the playstation franchise anytime soon. This is because the Playstation 2 is such a big cash cow still. I'd hope that Sony would consider fixing the issues they are having with the PS3 firstly.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
I agree blue, but what is going to happen 4 years from now when the wii2 and xbox 720 are out? Who knows where sony will be then, they may recover and become the best console for all i know....

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I agree blue, but what is going to happen 4 years from now when the wii2 and xbox 720 are out?

Well now your just getting me excited about the Wii2 and xbox 720 :).

webmaster.jacob

well all i can say is if the ps2 is still a cash cow it aint here in middle alabama the wal-mart/target ect. dont sell ps2 games or ps2s o well

and its not going to be the wii2 its going to be the wii wii

webmaster.jacob

yea well lcuky for yall bad for us lol i had alot of ppl asking if i new where to get one i told them they would have to go online because there not selling them in town any more so i dont know maybe us southern ppl cant have the old stuff any more lol

Pck21

Firstly, I'll remind everyone that I'm not a Playstation fanboy :). Secondly, those that are saying Sony is going to fail and get bought out... Well that is a pretty big stretch. Sony playstation 3 could fail, but the Sony company? prob. not ;). Sony is an electronics company (and a big one), not a gaming company. Also, Sony is going to be making good money from the playstation II for a few more years to come ;).

I doubt Microsoft would want to buy Sony. Just to destroy the playstation product? As I said Sony is a electronics company, and worth big bucks. Yes Microsoft has the coin to to devour the company. The problem is, it is not economical for them to purchase and shut down a large company to wipe out the playstation. Considering the cost, it is more economical for Microsoft to wait and see if Sony can destroy the Playstation product themselves ;). Also when it comes to selling and buying company's, well you need a seller in order to buy ;). Sony will survive because they are not a gaming company. I doubt they'd hand over the company to Microsoft.

I completely agree with you here Blue. I don't think Sony will be bought out. Actually I think the opposite will happen. Sony just might be looking for some help in the console and game department and might go hunting for some developers of their very own to gain that edge back with more and more first party titles and exclusives.

I also don't think the PS3 will "fail." Saying something will fail is a pretty big accusation and I doubt Sony would ever let that happen to a product as popular as the PlayStation franchise. Consoles that have failed were the VirtualBoy and Dreamcast. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Dreamcast and still play it every so often. However as time goes on, we see the innovation that Sega was trying to put forth, but then we see a demise in not only the console, but eventually the console making branch of Sega. Sega technically "failed" as a company but still make games for other third party consoles. So it's a touchy subject.

I think the PS3 will ultimately come out as fighting for second and third place but never for the top spot like they've occupied for years. Nintendo was the one who needed to put up or shut up and boy did they put up. If I am Sony right now, I would be embarrassed. It's not a bad console, but at the same time it's not what is hyped to be. Actually it wasn't even close.

striker

The PS2 is still out silling the PS3. That is something that people still rather buy the older version then the new one.

Pck21

The PS2 is still out silling the PS3. That is something that people still rather buy the older version then the new one.

Well to be fair a new PS2 costs $129.99 compared to the $499.99 and $599.99 price tag of the PS3. So yes the PS2 will keep selling until PS2 games are no longer made. Same thing happened with the 64, the PS1, the GC now, and even gameboy advances for a while. The time will come when a brand new PS2 will be be hard to find and all you'll have to choose from is the price tags of the PS3.

Le GoogelGuRu

I think the PS2 is just as good as the PS3 right now anyway, since there are loads of games for it, but obviously in the future games will be only made for newer PlayStation consoles, its sad to see the death of a great console.

But to the whole PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii thing. I'm not getting a PS3, ever. (Unless the price dramatically drops). I might get a XBOX 360, it looks pretty cool and will have Grand Theft Auto IV. I know I'm getting a Wii, despite its child-ness, its more innovative and is something different than the original consoles with controllers (ex. PS2, N64, PS3, 360, PS1, etc.).

Pck21

And still after a few weeks of owning a PS3 my Wii and 360 are so much better. Don't get me wrong Resistance is a heck of a game but right now there's nothing left to play. It's kinda like owning a $600 door stop even with my new 37'' hd tv and hdmi cable. Just sad.

Nutter

where i live in Australia the price of a PS3 is close to double the amount of the 360 and the PS3 is 3 times the price of the Wii.
PS3 $1000, 360 $560, Wii about $380, thats just the core package.

but anyway if i do get one it will be the PS3