The Price Of Performance?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgeorgedude

Praetor said:
...I get my stuff free and before you ever will at that.

heh like that other guy was saying he'd work for doom, id work for u (i obvioulsy like free stuff)

and also i thought that u, doom, would be pretty cool and all with ur rig setup....but ive realized that ur a total bitch

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'd say spending alot on a computer is only "worth it" if you can properly maintain the machine, you use it a great deal, and you don't go broke doing it.

For me, having a computer has always meant scraping for every last penny. Yes, I am poor...mainly because I make bad investments and am frivilous with what money I have/had.

Hopefully, that will never happen again...

MIK3daG33K

Praetor said:
On a more serious note, come to think of it, for someone whos so damn rich his rig freaking blows. The mainbox aside (where at the least a pair of dualcore Optys would have been expected), I would have expected twin Apple HiDef 30s and maybe a projector. Granted he doesnt know anything about PC hardware hence his drive selection (which should have been SCSI RAID5, or SCSI at the least) but if money wasnt an issue, why settle for Raptor74s ... and on the onboard RAID controller at that?

I agree fully, and by the way nice job pwning him hard in the face preator he needed to be humbled.

Agian on a more serious note I was at Microcenter the other day which is a general computer store for you guys that don't have them by you, and i walked up to my friend that is a cashier there and started talking to him about the lastest and greatest parts out. While i was standing there i noticed the guy that was in line buying about 1200 USD in books (look like manuals) and a bunch of hard drives and some other miscellanous things. I didn't think anything of it and started talking about the x1900xt and what a good card it is. The man in line butts in and says "Well i have the fastest AMD dual core they make and 4 gigs of memory." I quickly replied with "Well is it the FX-60?" (my bullshit meter was going through the roof.) He repied with "I don't know what the name of it is but its the fastest." Now a man of his age (about 50) throwing his money around blindly to say "I have the fastest" is really pitifull. Not to mention him not knowing what the hell he was talking about. When i would try and talk he would talk over me with that "Well i did it better" attitude. At that age you should not be acting like that and trying to impress a 19 year old kid with the "fastest CPU." When I left Microcenter that guy had made my balls as big as Epcot centers I couldn't even drive home it was so bad lol.

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
wow i just noticed the pure idiocity of the thread starter...i cant believe i didn't get in on this. ignorant people should not be blessed with so much money and the ability to communicate with others freely...

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
wow i just noticed the pure idiocity of the thread starter...i cant believe i didn't get in on this. ignorant people should not be blessed with so much money and the ability to communicate with others freely...
i just found out about this also, and from what he says he sounds like a retard who doesnt know anything about computers (as praetor said before :p).

fade2green514

umm yea i hate you so you know. wow im jealous lol...
WTF I WANNA BE RICH! lol
my rig is good for the price tho... with my lil 17" CRT lol.. 1280x1024, yea gotta replace that!
probly gonna just get a 19" CRT 1600x1200 tho.. lol

Geoff

VIP Member
Praetor was right about what he said earlier, sure he may have a very good computer, but for the price he paid he's not getting as much performance as he should.

lol Lee, i remember when praetor said that his dual opty's can beat hit (obviously), he just responded in a stupid remark in ALL CAPS.

Dr Studly

banned
Praetor said:
Hey whaddya know... so did I!!

And if you eased down on the testosterone you'd notice post #10 was making the exact same comment as I originally did. Nobody is blaming you for getting all defensive .. you did spend good money ... and we do hope you enjoy the machine. READ (you know, that stuff they teach us youngin's in school and all): "WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE MACHINE".

If you knew anything about computers you'd realize the 270s are dualcore opterons (and well the 2x in front means ... well, i think you get the picture). See? I didnt insult your intelligence (to start with) ... i assume you knew something you obviously didnt (and subsequently decided to get defensive over)

well, if you wanna close the thread, go ahead.

Hey man, not seen you in awhile ...better watch it ... dont suggest anything other than what he wants to hear or he'll bust his kickass box on you ;)
haha dont mess wit praetor...
he is computer brilliant!
geez, he like owns this place... 18,000+ posts

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor was right about what he said earlier, sure he may have a very good computer, but for the price he paid he's not getting as much performance as he should.
Working on a super gigantic post right now and looking at freaking european prices ... damn they are a lot higher than over here but still, ive been spec'ing out a few boxes that definitively hold a candle to his ... and um... in the in 650GBP range .... sure all those accessories and stuff add up but damn, talk about over paid.

geez, he like owns this place... 18,000+ posts
It's not about the quantity; quality first :)

Lamilia

I don't like most rich people mainly because almost all of them brag about how much money they have. That was fun to read praetor you have the best come backs ever :) . Praetor makes reading fun! had to say it.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
WELL I OWN A LARGE PLACE WITH 114 ACRES WORTH ABOUT £725.000.

THEN 7 HOTELS WORTH ABOUT £1.5 MILLON EACH GIVE OR TAKE A FEW THOUSANDS OR SO.

ENOUGH FOR YOU:D

NOT BAD AT 31
If onyl you had the mind of a 31 year old aswell, and perhaps the maturity, at the moment yur acting like a 7 year old little boy, yes thats right a LITTLE BOY!!!! Get a life and grow up, noone gives a crap about your "oh so superior rig". Your just hiding behind a massive mountiain of cash, i can only assume you are trying to copensate for something, whether this be the size of something phsical or a metophorical something, say a personality thats worht somethign or a few freinds maybe, you sure as hell dont have any here.

Ive oly just picked up on this thread and after reding it through twice, i have come to the conclusion that everyone here has a PC they are happy with, they ont need you to justify it and they dont need you to comment on it like a LITTLE BOY that you are.... Your rig is nothing spectacular, its top of the line yes, but what can it do that anything else cant, nothing, it just does that 5 seconds fster, WOOP DE DOO, after a month of the new AM2 socket being released there will be a whoole host of rigs that can **** all over yours with ease, then what, maybe you'll have to sell a few horses or rent out the left-wing to get some cash, oh no, shame....

dragon2309

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'm getting a new laptop in the fall when I enroll for college, graduation present! Can't wait, I've been without a PC for so long...

apj101

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
If onyl you had the mind of a 31 year old aswell, and perhaps the maturity, at the moment yur acting like a 7 year old little boy, yes thats right a LITTLE BOY!!!! Get a life and grow up, noone gives a crap about your "oh so superior rig". Your just hiding behind a massive mountiain of cash, i can only assume you are trying to copensate for something, whether this be the size of something phsical or a metophorical something, say a personality thats worht somethign or a few freinds maybe, you sure as hell dont have any here.

Ive oly just picked up on this thread and after reding it through twice, i have come to the conclusion that everyone here has a PC they are happy with, they ont need you to justify it and they dont need you to comment on it like a LITTLE BOY that you are.... Your rig is nothing spectacular, its top of the line yes, but what can it do that anything else cant, nothing, it just does that 5 seconds fster, WOOP DE DOO, after a month of the new AM2 socket being released there will be a whoole host of rigs that can **** all over yours with ease, then what, maybe you'll have to sell a few horses or rent out the left-wing to get some cash, oh no, shame....

dragon2309

your talking to the dead dragon ;)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
your talking to the dead dragon ;)

I know, but it made me feel happier, as i was reading through, it just got me more and more angry listening to his ignorance. And im pretty sure he was looking, even if he is banned, he can browse as a guest.

drago2n309

Status
Not open for further replies.