Very Strange Problem

jimkonow

ooooh, wait a minute, it could be an HD error.
bad sectors FTL? run chkdsk and reboot, let windows run through all the bullcrap and scan the HD for errors...maybe itll help, it sure as hell is worth a shot, right?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Arch, I tried that also, it didn't help :cool:

The thing is now, I mentioned a few posts back, I can't even boot into Windows, I get a BSOD on the loading bars :eek:

Kornowski

VIP Member
ooooh, wait a minute, it could be an HD error.
bad sectors FTL? run chkdsk and reboot, let windows run through all the bullcrap and scan the HD for errors...maybe itll help, it sure as hell is worth a shot, right?

I can't get into Windows, so I can't try it...

I was told last time I had a very similair problem, that it was the HDD, so I bought a new one, Which is the one I'm using now.

who, what, when?

Haha, That was a post to Jim, He beat me by like seconds ;)

jimkonow

hmmm.....
do you have your vista disc, or an XP disc?

i know you can run chkdsk off of the XP disc, although im not sure about vista. just set your BIOS boot order to load the CD first, HD second.

Kornowski

VIP Member
hmmm.....
do you have your vista disc, or an XP disc?

i know you can run chkdsk off of the XP disc, although im not sure about vista. just set your BIOS boot order to load the CD first, HD second.

Yeah, I have my Vista CD... I'll try that, Thanks. If that doesn't work too, I'll try a re-format... :cool:

Not looking forward to getting a new MOBO and trying to get my OEM Vista on it... :rolleyes:

Archangel

VIP Member
sorry,... kinda falling asleep here.. :(

it just doesnt load windows? or what does it do? (resetted the bios jsut to be sure?)

Vipernitrox

reinstall, if that doesn't work download ihavethepassword from somewhere
burn it to cd, boot from it.
then select slim rescue disk.
and then run pccheck

you can check your mobo, cpu and some other stuff with that program.
the ihavethepassword disk also includes a program to scan your hd for bad clusters.

i really don't know if this bootcd is freeware or shareware or something you'll have to pay for. it's being distributed through the torrent protocol. I kind find anything close to an official homepage or something.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ok, I'm trying to re-install and I can't...

I boot from CD, It does that grey bar, 'Windows is loading files'...

Once it has done that, it gets to the green loading bars (just like the ones after boot) and it BSOD's... Even though I'm not booting, I'm trying to load the Windows DVD! :confused:

STOP: 0x00000024
Ntfs.sys

Viper, I'll check that program out, thanks!

Vipernitrox

you could also try installing xp to another hard drive. then recover the data from the old drive.
after that you can format the disk and try to get it working again. it could just be the ntfs file structure or ntfs drivers that are causing this.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I don't think it's the disc that's at fault, It's only about 2 weeks old...
I'm really stumped, I don't know what it could down to. I'll try putting XP onto it...

Vipernitrox

sometimes it just are the last things you expect. When i got this build i transferred a 2 months old hard disk. And it suddenly just came up with random errors. Not being able to transfer data and other things.

shenry

You sure you got yourself a good Barracuda? The comments on newegg say there's a 50/50 chance of you getting a bad one. I think I remember seeing one person writing how they bought 6 or something and 2 only ended up working. It's half put me off the barracuda. Hah Hah, pun not intended. :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, It says Barracuda on it ;)

I guess I could try putting my old HDD in and see if it boots... If it doesn't, I know it's not the HDD.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I tried the other HDD, That BSOD'd too...

I also tried taking out two sticks of RAM, That didn't work. Took them out and put the other two in, Again, Didnt work.

So, I tried each stick on it's own and that didn't work either.

Could it be the PSU?