Very Strange Problem

Kornowski

VIP Member
throw out the whole thing and get yourself a new one? :p

Heh, I wish, but there's one thing stopping me, the bane of my life... Money!

It could be the power supply. I mean you had your GPU and CPU overclocked, you have 10+ fans total and cathodes. :rolleyes:

I was running them at stock when it wasn't work... Then today, at stock, it booted with the HX520 in there.

And what's wrong with 10+ fans and cathodes? :p

Kill Bill

Well, I don't know much of anything about COD and I don't know too much about graphics cards either, but the first thing I thought of is that maybe your graphics card isn't inatalled properly. When you went back to a restore point could it of gone back to a period of time before you had your current graphics card? Or on Windows does it change only the files you want changed when it goes back to a previous time? Sry, I'm not very familiar with Windows restore... just Leopard TimeMachine and the Linux thing like it.

Ditto.

Kornowski

VIP Member
The card has been installed for a while... There isn't a possibility that, that happened... Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Noob, Yeah, I think so, LOL/

Vipernitrox

Heh, I wish, but there's one thing stopping me, the bane of my life... Money!

i got the same problem here :p

anyway if i were you i'd get myself a new psu first (a good one which will last) something in the 700-1000 watts range.

if it still doesn't boot mobo/cpu combo are next.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I'm going to see if I can pay the difference and get the Corsair HX620... That should be enough. Luckily my PSU coms with a 5 Year Warranty.

Haha, We need to start growing money trees :p

What about the HDD, Think it'd be worth RMA'ing that one?

Vipernitrox

mehh not really, you already got 2 lying around for testing purposes and you get same (strange) results so i don't think it's the hdd

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm going to send my PSU back, I mean I don't have a computer at the moment, so it's no trouble.

I may try and see if I can pay the difference and get the HX620, With would ensure that I could run two GTS'.

Strange problem though... I'm not too sure if it is the PSU, I mean, it worked with both PSU's... I really don't know.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Revival of an old thread!

I got around to trying it again today... Won't boot with the new HDD I bought. I put the old one in and it will boot. I even tried the old one with the same SATA Cable and Port to see if they were bad and it still worked.

So, I have it booted in Windows and it won't even detect the new one when I plug it in, so I'm guessing it's dead. Which could explain the sloooow FPS? As it may have been on it's way out then?

Should I RMA the PSU too, to be safe?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Tried both HDD's again this morning and both of them won't work... so I think it's safe to say it's the MOBO. :cool:

I'm debating RMA'ing the new HDD as it hasn't worked once, but the old one has, but I'll wait till I get a new MOBO and try it then. I think I'll send the PSU back, Just to make sure. ;) I hope they don't send it back and tell me it's Ok...

Vipernitrox

yea why not, just send it back. You won't be able to work anyway.
if you get the mobo back before you do the psu, just use the other one for as long as it takes to get the corsair back.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I actually took it all out of the case so that it was easier for me to work on it, changing stuff around... I've discovered that the new Seagate HDD is dead, and I need to RMA that. Also, I've been running the old HDD and Corsair PSU for about a day now and no problems. Maybe it was shorting in the case or something :confused:

IMG_7682.jpg

So for now, That's what my rig is staying like! Till I get the HDD back and probably buy a new MOBO and CPU anyway... I'm going to keep the PSU also.

Vipernitrox

i'd swap it in the case one more time and see if it gets problems again.
Then it's probably shorting somewhere and you need to figure out where.

Try putting rubbers in between the mobo/spacers and your case.
check out your psu and hard disk to for anything that could short it out.