Vista theme for everybody!

Notatechie

How do I apply the toolbar once I have it selected in styler? I've tried to figure it out but nothing happens. In Icon tweeker I don't know how to use it to open the vista theme? Can you help kornowski? Thanx in advance:)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah Sure, So you've installed the toolbar styler and you've selected the Vista theme?

You need to right click your toolbar in my documents and select the toolbar styler, Like this:

untitledpn7.jpg

Right, Open IconTweeker and click the themes thing on the left, and then go to install theme, select the vista theme where-ever you've put it, double click it and then double click it in IconTweeker when it's there or click apply.

Easy Peasy :p

PC eye

banned
I finally got most of the transformation pack off without a system restore point being used. That also includes the styler bar. But even when custom saving a desktop theme the transformer reset that to the Vista look it put on. I still managed to kkep the circle on the cursor however along with a circular icon on the menu bar. But the desktop and clock had to go.

macnoob

is there any decent mac themes out there? this vista theme isnt bad, but i cant use it on my mac

PC eye

banned
It's a little more involved then "just a new skin". There are several changes in the way things work as well as new features not seen before in any previous version of Windows. That includes newer security features as well. One of those that can prove to a reall annoyance is the user account control feature that will issue "allow, deny, end program" prompts literally on "everything" even when starting a program already installed like your favorite game. Most will disable that quickly.

macnoob

It's a little more involved then "just a new skin". There are several changes in the way things work as well as new features not seen before in any previous version of Windows. That includes newer security features as well. One of those that can prove to a reall annoyance is the user account control feature that will issue "allow, deny, end program" prompts literally on "everything" even when starting a program already installed like your favorite game. Most will disable that quickly.

yeah it is more, but right about now it doesnt nessecarily matter. id go with xp right nw and wait for them to iron out any bugs with vista the skin is great though

PC eye

banned
yeah it is more, but right about now it doesnt nessecarily matter. id go with xp right nw and wait for them to iron out any bugs with vista the skin is great though

So far the installation on the second drive here has been good. This includes several games while the current sound card lacks the needed driver support. The "translucent effect is one thing to look at. But the aggravation comes mainly when trying to change various settings and seeing how folders are now different from XP there as well. No more DocumentsandSettings! Now you have "users" and "Program Data" folders to contend with. Plus the "BCDedit" command hasn't worked at the Run prompt. :(

Someone mentioned a 2009 followup with "Vienna" as a name for the next version. That's supposed to include things "left out" of Vista? :rolleyes: Another MS flop? Meanwhile the Vista transformation pack has to be manually removed since there is no indication found in the add/remove programs list in the control panel. You have to use the msconfig to disable two items in both the startup and services groups along with a registry edit to remove a key or two. That's just to advise anyone going to try that out on XP.

codeman0013

I gave up on this one I couldnt get it working on my pc at work so i said screw it up matter what I did it did not work for me..

Kornowski

VIP Member
I gave up on this one I couldnt get it working on my pc at work so i said screw it up matter what I did it did not work for me..

Well, I don't really see any reason why it won't work, you followed all the instructions?

Tried on your PC at home, It will work :)

Sweet! Thanks for the info, Kornowski. Had no problems at all with your help!

Your welcome :)
Well, I thought I'd put the help in there as the instructions on some sites aren't very good and are often too complicated and wrong. ;) :D

Kabu

banned
I do appreciate the instructions. I had tried a different program. It made everything black like Vista, but it didn't change the color of the font. As you can imagine, I was in the dark!

my.php

my.php

PC eye

banned
Try right clicking on the desktop and changing the background. You can choose a picture or lighter color. In the desktop tab you can go without a background and choose from a list of different colors. The advanced tab found in the appearance tab will allow you to change colors on the Start menu bar and borders of IE and WE winodws. Plus there's all kinds of backgrounds to set as the desktop background itself. http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3730/xpprosatadesktopvl7.jpg