Voyagerfan99's Minecraft Server Thread

PhotonCrasher

k well ive set up the perms on ma server, so ill send the perm file over to ya and the plugins you need to download k?, it should maybe work. the 2 plugins you will need are Essentials Core http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/ and bukkit perms http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permbukkit/files/4-permissions-bukkit-v1-6/
once you have installed those two plugins start the server, then stop it, (to create the config file). next go to your plugins folder, then PermissionsBukkit folder and then replace the config file with the one i will somehow send you. Then start the server again.

EDIT: pm'd you config file

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Okay Photon, I loaded the necessary plugins and copied your permissions file. Let me know how it works for you :good:

PhotonCrasher

k ill just check it

Edit: that works well, now anyone in the builder catagory under users in the perms file can sethome, spawn items change weather and warp. (no access to vital commands)

if you need anyhelp to add new users to the perms just ask.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Okay Photon, I loaded the necessary plugins and copied your permissions file. Let me know how it works for you :good:

hey voyager, just I question about your server pc.
How good is your upload speed? (speedtest.net)

Because don't know what the problem of lagg is on my server...

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I usually have an upload speed between 2-5mbps. It spiked at 4 when I just now tested it. But I do have major lag on the server sometimes.

Oh and mind you, I'm running the server ON actual server hardware - HP Proliant DL380 G3.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I usually have an upload speed between 2-5mbps. It spiked at 4 when I just now tested it. But I do have major lag on the server sometimes.

Oh and mind you, I'm running the server ON actual server hardware - HP Proliant DL380 G3.

k, then I need to upgrade some bit...
got 1mb/s upload xD, but my dad is gonna buy fibernet shake: that gives min 4mb/s upload and 60 mb/s download speed!

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Well, I tried it, on Friday, and today, and it didn't work, it gave me an error of sorts.

"Error of sorts". Real descriptive.

Are you connecting with the Technic Launcher (as mentioned in the first post) or straight Minecraft? As said in first post, you need the Technic Launcher in order to play on this server.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
FYI: I'm going to spawn a new map. The old one will still be saved, so I can revery anytime. But for now we'll start a new map.

I've also made an addendum: I'll run both a Tekkit and non-tekkit server. The regular server will have the same map it's had. The Tekkit server will have a new map to allow better use of the resourses.

For the non tekkit map, add port 25566 to the end of the IP
For the Tekkit server, add port 25565 at the end of the IP.

This is currently experimental. We'll see what kind of lag and whatnot we get. The Tekkit server already has clock issues running (possibly due to the folding clients also running).

Please let me know of any issues since the changes I made

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Oh, that's why it didn't work.

Yes indeed :rolleyes:

In any case, I am running both vanilla Minecraft (you can join with any Minecraft) and a Tekkit Minecraft server. Simply change the port number at the end of the IP depending on what server you want to join.

Thanatos

Why is the tekkit server so laggy??? I was over by some guy's huge pumping facility and it must of exploded because he forgot to cool the engines. when I got there there wasn't any lag, but all of the engines were red and then the lag hit. So i'm guessing they exploded.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Why is the tekkit server so laggy??? I was over by some guy's huge pumping facility and it must of exploded because he forgot to cool the engines. when I got there there wasn't any lag, but all of the engines were red and then the lag hit. So i'm guessing they exploded.

The amount of stuff going on at once, along with the amount of plugins Tekkit has running make for a fair bit of lag.

itsaferbie

I can't login to either one of the servers. I could on the Tekkit one, but not anymore, I can't even get the vanilla one to show up.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Okay I'll restart them all. I'll also run out and see how I can connect when I'm not home.

EDIT: They're restarted.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Okay so I'm at work testing connections with the standard Minecraft server. I couldn't connect either. Turns out I forgot to forward the correct port :eek: You should be able to connect to the standard server now.

Wow there is so much lag on the Tekkit server. It is unplayable. I need to figure out how to give it more RAM I think.

Last edited: