Voyagerfan99's Minecraft Server Thread

Hey guys. Some of you are already aware I'm running a dedicated Minecraft server. I thought I should create an info thread on server status, updates, and other misc. stuff. If you have any suggestions on improvements and/or mods to the server, please feel free to post in this thread and let me know.

Please note there is currently a whitelist in effect. If you wish to join the server, please post your Minecraft username and I'll add you to the list.

This is also a Tekkit server. In order to join, you are required to download and run Minecraft using the Technic Launcher. You can download it from HERE. The .JAR version usually works best.

Also note that the Residence plugin has been added to allow players to protect their creations. Please see this page for information on commands and a tutorial video of how to implement commands.
http://residencebukkitmod.wikispaces.com/
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any dwellings or creations that are destroyed by other players. I offer you the opportunity to protect it with the Residence Plugin, but YOU must take the initiative to protect it.

Mod List
Residence - For creating security around your creations
Timber - Chop one block of tree with any axe and the entire tree comes down.
CoreProtect - Logging of block breaks and placements. If you grief, I'll see it.
WorldEdit - Easily edit large areas of land

General Rules:
Be courteous to other players. If you didn't build it, don't destroy it. Simple enough.

CURRENT SERVER STATUS: UP AND RUNNING

CURRENT SERVER IP: 96.32.27.17:25565

Is it this the same ip?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Can you tell me how, exactly, to play now that I have to download crap?

Just download the two Technic Launcher files I mentioned in the first post. Run the EXE first, then launch it with the JAR file if the EXE doesn't work.

Did you add me?

Not yet. I will in a second.

Is the server down? Cause it says its not up for me.

Looks like Windows Server installed new updates and rebooted, logging off the terminal session the server runs off. It's been restarted. Might go down for a few minutes again shortly though.

Thanatos

Just download the two Technic Launcher files I mentioned in the first post. Run the EXE first, then launch it with the JAR file if the EXE doesn't work.

So... can you link me to the download page? because i did it last time and it didnt make any changes to my minecraft file. it did, however, let me play a different minecraft window through the launcher. I'd have to open up the tekkit launcher every time i wanted to play with the mod.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
So... can you link me to the download page? because i did it last time and it didnt make any changes to my minecraft file. it did, however, let me play a different minecraft window through the launcher. I'd have to open up the tekkit launcher every time i wanted to play with the mod.

The download links are on the first post. And yes, to play on the server you use the second window it pops up with the launcher, as it runs a totally different version of minecraft.

Server is running again BTW.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I currently have no idea how much power the server actually draws, but I'm looking forward to the electric bill.

If you enjoy playing on this server, please consider donating to help cover server costs. You can CLICK HERE to donate. Every donation is appreciated!

Hell, raise enough money and I could upgrade to a faster server!

itsaferbie

if you ever get the time, can you give me permissions to spawn items? thanks

madjohn

You should be able to use the Too Many Items mod that is installed in the Technic Pack.

Also, I think there should be two more dunk tanks :p Has anyone used them yet? I think we should have a little competition with them sometime too.