Voyagerfan99's Minecraft Server Thread

itsaferbie

Okay so I'm at work testing connections with the standard Minecraft server. I couldn't connect either. Turns out I forgot to forward the correct port :eek: You should be able to connect to the standard server now.

Wow there is so much lag on the Tekkit server. It is unplayable. I need to figure out how to give it more RAM I think.

Yep, I was able to connect to the vanilla server no problem. As for the Tekkit server, I was able to join and didn't have a ton of lag, just a minor problem loading in and that was it.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Okay I was only able to allocate another 512MB of RAM to the Tekkit server. We'll see how that is.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
The tekkit server is still laggy as almighty hell. I'm currently copying it to my desktop to see how it runs on newer hardware.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Tekkit server will be down for a while. Vanilla will still be up and running.

Aastii

VIP Member
I really don't think it would be the memory causing issues. Ours was running stellar on 512MB, we only had to up to 1GB when the map got very large. Are you still on the older map for the tekkit server?

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I really don't think it would be the memory causing issues. Ours was running stellar on 512MB, we only had to up to 1GB when the map got very large. Are you still on the older map for the tekkit server?

I just have the regular server running at the moment.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
As much as I'd love to run a Tekkit server for you guys, it just looks to be impossible. The lag is just far too great. If anyone can come up with an idea for implementing the server, let me know.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
PLEASE NOTE: The IP address has changed! My router died and I fought with the modem a lot, so the IP changed. New IP address is 96.32.42.127. The first post will be modified to reflect these changes.

itsaferbie

PLEASE NOTE: The IP address has changed! My router died and I fought with the modem a lot, so the IP changed. New IP address is 96.32.42.127. The first post will be modified to reflect these changes.

Is it still the 25566 for the vanilla server?

I also added some Mario pixel art to the server.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
So, my good ASUS router died the other night and I need to RMA it. I have a temporary router in place, but it is very slow and inefficient compared to the ASUS, so I'll be taking the server offline for the next few weeks until I get my router back.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Well there is a surprise, something made by Asus failing :rolleyes:

The only reason it died was because we suffered brownouts the other night and they killed the router. Otherwise it's a very nice and fast router.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Server will be back up momentarily. The IP address has once again changed.

New IP: 24.177.248.76

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I don't believe anyone has been playing on the server lately so for the time being I have shut it down to save power. If you'd like it up again I'll migrate it over to my desktop which I leave on all day long.