Want a cool gaming laptop

Rawlaw

So get that one and upgrade the cpu? I would rather not buy from ebay, (had bad experiences with them before.

bomberboysk

So get that one and upgrade the cpu? I would rather not buy from ebay, (had bad experiences with them before.
Ebay is private sellers, not a company you but from. That seller has very high ratings/feedback, so i would trust them.

bomberboysk

Definately asus, better gpu and much better support, plus 2 years warranty iirc. When you upgrade cpu, make sure you grab some arctic silver ceramique, best thermal compound for laptops imo since its nonconductive.

bomberboysk

Yes, but its cheaper if you head to radioshack, its like $6 or $7 for a tube there, but newegg charges like $5 shipping making theirs around $10..so once you include shipping radioshack for the win.

bomberboysk

What does it do
Thermal compound, you put it between the cpu and heatsink, because you ruin the old stuff once you take the old cpu out. Pretty simple, you just use some rubbing alcohol to clean the old stuff off the cpu/gpu heatsink, then put a small drop of the new on.

Rawlaw

Do u know any stores i can get it from another store? I don't think the quad core will come by the 7th......

bomberboysk

Do u know any stores i can get it from another store? I don't think the quad core will come by the 7th......
Prolly not, could ask the seller to send it via an expediated shipping method though.. Although how long are you going to be gone? Its not like upgrading it would be a life or death kinda thing:p

<3tennis

ok so ive made a list of stuff(anti spyware/cirus) to install when i get a new lappy.

1)Malwarbytes anti-malware
2)hijackthis(create log straight away to compare with future logs)
3)spybot search and destroy
4)spywareblaster
5)AVG free
6)Avira anti virus free
7)COMODO anti virus
8)COMODO firewall

do you think all of this stuff will keep me fully protected? cheers