Want a cool gaming laptop

bomberboysk

Saturday is not a business day for newegg, depending on your location and which warehouse it ships from, you may recieve it in two days though.

Rawlaw

I've got a huge problem... I just went to best buy and they said the processer is sautered to the computer so now I'm down 200 bucks. Plz post the laptop u were talking about I am pretty sure it was the asus

bomberboysk

I've got a huge problem... I just went to best buy and they said the processer is sautered to the computer so now I'm down 200 bucks. Plz post the laptop u were talking about I am pretty sure it was the asus
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9366651&type=product&id=1218092150636

Bestbuy is wrong, they will say stuff like that just so you buy a "better"(more expensive) notebook. Only thing decent about bestbuy is the prices on notebooks, the salespeople there are idiots.

bomberboysk

They're not. They were even courtious enough to open it up and show us it and everythin. Anyways this is the laptop i got because it has a better video card, more ram, bigger screen, and it only weighs a pound more. And i also i got a cooling pad to cool it down
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9366615&type=product&id=1218092150740
That has the same gpu, except also alot of gpu overheating problems. The cpu in the G51 is upgradeable, see here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=392176
Specifically this:

Notice the screw there? That is the cpu socket, nothing soldered there^^^

The only part soldered is the gpu here:
IMG_2459.jpg

The only cpu's on any notebook that even come soldered on is the netbooks that have intel atom cpu's in them.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Well either way i got the bigger, better one. I'll inquire them about it next time i go there
Well, its not actually better, plus like i said there are alot of reports of the gpu overheating on the larger one.

ok so ive made a list of stuff(anti spyware/cirus) to install when i get a new lappy.

1)Malwarbytes anti-malware
2)hijackthis(create log straight away to compare with future logs)
3)spybot search and destroy
4)spywareblaster
5)AVG free
6)Avira anti virus free
7)COMODO anti virus
8)COMODO firewall

do you think all of this stuff will keep me fully protected? cheers
Should only run one antivirus, and should start your own threads. Basically all you need is avira, comodo firewall, hijackthis, malwarebytes, and peerguardian.

<3tennis

Well, its not actually better, plus like i said there are alot of reports of the gpu overheating on the larger one.

Should only run one antivirus, and should start your own threads. Basically all you need is avira, comodo firewall, hijackthis, malwarebytes, and peerguardian.
so no anti spyware stuff like spybot??

604action

For a $2000 budget, you can really get an awesome laptop. Try shopping around online like at newegg. They are cheaper than most places I know.
3f4366aeb9c157cf9a30c90693eafc55.jpg

Rawlaw

Hey and bomberboysk u said previously that the one I just bought is not as good as the one u recomended but also the one I bought has a better video card in adition to more ram

bomberboysk

Hey and bomberboysk u said previously that the one I just bought is not as good as the one u recomended but also the one I bought has a better video card in adition to more ram
They both have a GTX260M, Same video card. Also, the one you puchased, according to reviews, is prone to the gpu overheating.

Rawlaw

The one we bought turned out to be defective. soon as i installed halo 2 and shot one bullet it gave me a blue screen and crashed. The sales people convinced me back to a comp. vs. lappy. Should i start a new thread or use my old one?

bomberboysk

The one we bought turned out to be defective. soon as i installed halo 2 and shot one bullet it gave me a blue screen and crashed. The sales people convinced me back to a comp. vs. lappy. Should i start a new thread or use my old one?
Dont buy a computer from bestbuy, thats for sure. If you go for a desktop, build it yourself. And that computer wasnt "defective", it was probably the overheating common on that model.

Rawlaw

We bought a laptop cooling pad, and a high end one at that. Should i go back to my old thread where we talked about the comp.?