What are you currently playing?

Darren

Staff member
Few friends were playing World of Warcraft and my nostalgia kicked in. Got a new account with a free month of play and all the expansions except Pandaria for 10 bucks. It's changed a lot but it's still a helluva lot fun and easier to pay for now that I'm not a middle schooler anymore. :p

lucasbytegenius

Few friends were playing World of Warcraft and my nostalgia kicked in. Got a new account with a free month of play and all the expansions except Pandaria for 10 bucks. It's changed a lot but it's still a helluva lot fun and easier to pay for now that I'm not a middle schooler anymore. :p

Are the graphics still really bad?

Darren

Staff member
Are the graphics still really bad?

I wouldn't say they're bad, but they're dated.

Trees trunks are normally pentagons with really stretched looking textures and the character models are a bit clunky looking. I think if they would just up all the textures in the game, maybe increase draw a little bit, and improves the trees and models of characters/monsters it would be fine.

In the next expansion they're updating all the character models I know. Scenery and building still look good. The game has aged incredibly well and looks great considering it's from 2004.

It's fun though so it doesn't bother me that much.

PCunicorn

I like it quite a lot more than Black Ops I and MW3, the controls are much better. I'm not sure what's wrong with Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3, I think people call it floaty. This is for consoles, btw. I'm sure the controls are fine on both with PC.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Black ops 1. Although Modern Warfare 2 was great too.

I settled on deus ex human revolution as my next game to beat. Not bad so far but it is not terribly exciting.

spirit

Staff member
Dug out my copy of Dirt 3 and installed it tonight. Really want to play it but Games for Windows Live is downloading some updates. Grrr, I hate GFWL. >.<

lucasbytegenius

Yeah just played on Dirt 3 for an hour and it crashed whilst I tried to close the game. Great! Otherwise, was good fun playing it again. :)

I'm not really liking Dirt3. Not only are the controls difficult, but the graphics are peasantbox level. It's a really bad console to PC port in my view.
Like seriously, you navigate menus with the arrow keys? What decade was this made in, the 1990s?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Warface.

Good game,Just wish they would sort the mouse issues,Slow movements etc sometimes when turning side to side.
Things i don't like about the game:
  • skidding feature is just silly. :D
  • Nade spam on some maps omg. :p

spirit

Staff member
I'm not really liking Dirt3. Not only are the controls difficult, but the graphics are peasantbox level. It's a really bad console to PC port in my view.
Like seriously, you navigate menus with the arrow keys? What decade was this made in, the 1990s?

Controls are fine for me - no different to any other racing game. Navigation is also fine but I am using an Xbox 360 Controller because I find it impossible to play any kind of driving game with the keyboard.

Graphics look fine to me too, but remember it's a 3 year old game.

Darren

Staff member

Peasant box graphics? Far from it. I was playing Forza 4 a whole bunch then tried Dirt 3 and I was amazed at how much better it looked than Forza. Forza looks good, but not AA and locked at 720p really hurt it in terms of looks compared to Dirt 3.

spirit

Staff member
I like Dirt 3 a lot, but I don't ever remember it crashing when trying to exit the game as much as it is doing with my setup now. I've added it to Steam as a Non-Steam game, don't know if that has anything to do with it, or maybe it's Windows 8.1? When I was installing the game it threw up a whole bunch of compatibility warnings about GFWL.

I also have Forza 4 by the way, and I rented Dirt 3 out on the Xbox 360 before I bought on PC (2 years ago!) I remember Dirt 3's graphics being better than Forza 4's even on the Xbox and obviously Dirt 3's graphics on PC are better than Forza 4's graphics on the Xbox.

lucasbytegenius

Peasant box graphics? Far from it. I was playing Forza 4 a whole bunch then tried Dirt 3 and I was amazed at how much better it looked than Forza. Forza looks good, but not AA and locked at 720p really hurt it in terms of looks compared to Dirt 3.

Maybe my eye for detail is better, but they definitely don't look that great. AA is nice though.

Been playing Counter Strike: Source with a friend of mine, which mostly involves a lot of bullcrap headshots on his part with a sniper rifle he favors, and me jumping around like a deranged kangaroo with the biggest machine gun I could find, in hopes that I can fill him full of lead before he reloads. Fun times.

WeatherMan

On a PC how else do you want to navigate through a menu, mouse selection?????? lol