What are you currently playing?

DirtyD86

banned
Then every now and then I will fire up COD4 and Fallout 3, but am waiting for some kick ass Fallout 3 mods to come out.

if the fallout 3 modding community is anything like oblivions was you wont be disappointed. there are enough mods for that game to keep a person busy for the next decade

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I've been meaning to try that game. I will never forget being like 12 years old when the first version of SFII came out and going to the arcades and just seeing like a 40 person line to play SFII. They had this white board where you could throw your quarter down and write your name to keep people in line. I remember that was so insane to see that sort of competition on a stand up arcade box.

I know, well I really didn't get to live the SFII era, but I was able to go to arcade places and find people get around the Marvel vs Capcom 2... Although I did play SFII in an arcade cabin someday.

DirtyD86

banned
Quake Live

is this still in the invite only beta stage?

i keep hearing so much about this game on CF, and i really don't see what all the fuss is about... is it just because it's a browser game or is there something more to it that i'm missing?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I know, well I really didn't get to live the SFII era, but I was able to go to arcade places and find people get around the Marvel vs Capcom 2... Although I did play SFII in an arcade cabin someday.

SFII was so big they had them at like burger kings and McDonals when they first came out and like every gaming magazine had a competition to win a full sized SFII arcade cabinet.

Then it got nuts when SFII Championship edition came out. I remember the local arcade had to have one of their employees just basically managing the lines to play the games. They were lucky and had 3 cabinets, most places had 1. Then they would hold tournaments like $10 entry fee with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

You just don't see that stuff any more. Though maybe they do have competitions at like a Dave and Buster's I have no idea.

tlarkin

VIP Member

i keep hearing so much about this game on CF, and i really don't see what all the fuss is about... is it just because it's a browser game or is there something more to it that i'm missing?

It is in open beta. I was in the last part of closed beta so my account got wiped and I haven't made it back to it yet. I got owned from some people who obviously never quit playing quake 3 since it came out a decade ago. I had to get used to it again.

N3crosis

Like tlarkin said, it's in open beta. I guess the hype is because it's in browser, it's free, and it's fun :D. You can also run it full screen if you desire.

DirtyD86

banned
Like tlarkin said, it's in open beta. I guess the hype is because it's in browser, it's free, and it's fun :D. You can also run it full screen if you desire.

meh. not my type of gameplay. it just seems like mindless running around shooting things, with no real strategy. to each his own i suppose :p

DirtyD86

banned
installing dead space. going to give it a play in the dark tonight *spooky music*

Image9.gif
msmile9.gif

Twist86

installing dead space. going to give it a play in the dark tonight *spooky music*

Image9.gif
msmile9.gif

Have fun with it. I am going to be exploring a Deep Ferdok tonight. Doing the lvl 4 challenge (mobs are level 8 and are vicious) stock piled traps for this...gonna be a pain.

Gooberman

Empire Earth 2
Halo 1
BF 2 Demo^^ (To lazy to buy)
I would play more but my computer is holding me back :) I might reinstall Aoe3 idk

Langers2k7

Image9.gif
msmile9.gif

Nice :)

It is a very, very good game. Of course, I crap myself at every corner and scream at least once a minute - but that's all part of the fun. :D

It's brilliantly done, really clever for instance having no HUD, everything you need to know is shown in-game etc.

It also reminds me of Event Horizon, kickass film.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I don't like Dead Space's third person camera. On really high res on my monitor it makes me almost a bit dizzy. I wish you could toggle to first person view.