What are you currently playing?

Langers2k7

I don't like Dead Space's third person camera. On really high res on my monitor it makes me almost a bit dizzy. I wish you could toggle to first person view.

At first I felt the same, but for me it was mainly because I had awful mouse lag. I switched off Vsync and it went away, much more responsive now.

The camera is deliberately how it is - helps to make it feel claustrophobic and disorientating. Only trouble is that the camera seems to lock in position at some points, for instance in the low-grav sections.

Just out of interest, how did you find the over-the-shoulder perspective in Resi 4? I thought it was quite similar to that.

tlarkin

VIP Member
At first I felt the same, but for me it was mainly because I had awful mouse lag. I switched off Vsync and it went away, much more responsive now.

The camera is deliberately how it is - helps to make it feel claustrophobic and disorientating. Only trouble is that the camera seems to lock in position at some points, for instance in the low-grav sections.

Just out of interest, how did you find the over-the-shoulder perspective in Resi 4? I thought it was quite similar to that.

RE4 I didn't feel as cramped and I felt that the frame rates were better. Also RE4 had the stop and go format and the game was played with a controller. Maybe if I played dead space on my 360 over my PC then I would like it better.

chibicitiberiu

Nothing really, the only game I like is Urban Terror (and works in Linux), but i've been very busy lately, i only get like 1 hour per day at computer, and didn't have time to look for games.

Twist86

I don't like Dead Space's third person camera. On really high res on my monitor it makes me almost a bit dizzy. I wish you could toggle to first person view.

I agree 3rd person ANYTHING for FPS annoys me to death. I hate all these console ports since most force you to third person.
Gears of War sucked to me because of that one simple thing.

Langers2k7

I agree 3rd person ANYTHING for FPS annoys me to death. I hate all these console ports since most force you to third person.
Gears of War sucked to me because of that one simple thing.

Hold on, 3rd person anything for FPS annoys you? That doesn't make sense. An FPS is a game played in first person, where you shoot. A game in 3rd person is completely separate from an FPS - I don't quite follow what you're saying here.

DirtyD86

banned

this worked for me too. when i first got into the menu i noticed how sluggish the mouse was, and was expecting the worse for this game.

on a side note, im trying to play dead space but keep running into problem after problem after problem. EA is a joke, it disgusts me that they are willing to ship a game in such a crappy state. i have literally come across three different things that make the game unplayable, and as soon as i fix one , another one pops up.

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
^ You know what? Same here, I think.

I used to play COD4 everyday. I haven't played in months, been playing guitar a lot though... Although, I have been playing some SF4 now and then, fun game! hehe

epidemik

School is taking over my life but...
L4D is ruling my gaming life atm (when I have a few free minutes)
However, I am thoroughly enjoying the new TF2 maps.

DirtyD, how is sourceforts? Are there enough populated servers?
I tried it a few months ago and there was no one playing.

DirtyD86

banned
DirtyD, how is sourceforts? Are there enough populated servers?
I tried it a few months ago and there was no one playing.

i absolutely love it. ducis tried it and now hes hooked as well. i haven't played it in a while, and was trying to reinstall it a while ago but keep getting problems. but yeah, once the game is installed it is great, highest recommendations

Irishwhistle

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars... demo. :p

Can't wait for Battlefield Heroes... yep, I'm cheap when it comes to games, I don't really like paying for them so mostly I just use free ones. :rolleyes:

/\E

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars... demo. :p

Can't wait for Battlefield Heroes... yep, I'm cheap when it comes to games, I don't really like paying for them so mostly I just use free ones. :rolleyes:

I have been playing the BFH beta and I've been playing Empire: Total War. Both are great but I have been dead tired from school lately so who knows when I will actually get to sit down and play.

I cannot wait for Spring Break, plus I have a case of 'Spring fever' and a case of 'Senioritis'. Spring fever being where I want to do nothing but enjoy the warmer weather and Senioritis is my desire to graduate and GTFO.

Twist86

Small updated installed Prince of Persia and Tom Clancy's EndWar along with GTA4.

EndWar neat features but I thought it was a shooter ><

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't played any PC games in awhile. I've been playing a bit of The Godfather for the PS3 (I beat the PC version 3 years ago) and I'm going to install COD World at War today.

ducis

i absolutely love it. ducis tried it and now hes hooked as well. i haven't played it in a while, and was trying to reinstall it a while ago but keep getting problems. but yeah, once the game is installed it is great, highest recommendations

superforts is amazing, so valve-esque in innovation, I can see valve buying up the IP and bundling it in their next "box"