What is the best computer company or custom computer builder?

aexin

I'm 15 and I know very little about building my own PC so I want to just customize one. Anyone have any suggestions on what custom computer builders I should go to or what company I should buy from?

lynx6200

What kind of computer are looking for, anything specific? You want it for games, a highe end one, etc.? If you have the money, alienware is nice for gaming, and there are plenty of barebone kits and various computers on tigerdirect.com and newegg.com

aexin

it would be used for relatively high-end gaming and I've been saving up for awhile and I've got $2800

Geoff

VIP Member
dont go alienware, they overcharge alot. If you could, custom built is the best buy and you only get what you want, the companies like cyberpowerinc.com or ibuypower.com seem good, but me and someone else on this forum got damaged computers from them (i needed a new motherboard). So what you could do is buy an HP or something, and then just upgrade it. You can get HP's now that have AMD Athlon 64 3700+. If you can build it though, i would recommend newegg, you could get a seriously nice comp for under $2800.

Apathetic

cyberpowersystem.com is pretty good. Good prices and deals then you just upgrade them for what parts you wanted better or just customize them to you want.
EDIT:: WHoops didnt see the 2800. you can still check out cyberpowersystem though. Alienware isnt that bad of a choice either. Maybe a highend dell then put in the graphics card yourself, if the card is compatible, (just ask dell what is) then just slap it in and install it.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Apathetic said:
cyberpowersystem.com is pretty good. Good prices and deals then you just upgrade them for what parts you wanted better or just customize them to you want.
EDIT:: WHoops didnt see the 2800. you can still check out cyberpowersystem though. Alienware isnt that bad of a choice either. Maybe a highend dell then put in the graphics card yourself, if the card is compatible, (just ask dell what is) then just slap it in and install it.

i ordered from them before and they shipped the comp with a defective motherboard, i would prefer going with a company like HP or Dell over them.. I prefer custom built overy anything though.

bigsaucybob

watever u do do not buy from alienware or dell, they overcharge. But yea i guess hp would be ok. The best idea would to do some reaserch on building a computer and just customize it from newegg.com. And the good thing about that is that u know u can always get help from everyone hear.

redrider773

Just, please, for God's sake, DO NOT BUY A DELL. They should pay you $200 to suffer through their "customer support". Dell would charge your $2800 for something you could get on newegg for $1300, or iBuyPower for $1500. Just dont...

gamerman4

Building a PC isn't very hard, actually. $2800 will get a damn good custom built system. I suggest you read up on building PCs (just google it). My own system (in my sig) is running great and it is my 2nd build. My first build, I gave to my brother and he is loving it. If you decide to build one, get the parts that you want to buy and post them in this forum and we can help you on compatibility. If you have any friends that can build PCs they can help too.

speedyink

VIP Member
I just bought a HP computer with a 17" LCD screen for $1400 CAD. I slapped another 512mb stick of ram in there and its awesome. Plays games like Farcry and Battlefield 2 perfectly fine with the settings at very decent levels. Mine is also a media center, if you dont want that you can buy the same thing for cheaper. Plus mine uses PCI-Express, which is great for high end cards.

redrider773

You realize, that you have $2800 to blow on newegg. That has been my dream for some time now; you must use it there, You can get so much for your money there, dont HP, dont Alienware, and for Christ's sake, DONT DELL!!!

GhostEye

damn 2800 are u kidding me. I dont think i can reach 2800 on a PC at newegg. u can get
like a fx 57, or i would get the best amd duel core actually. 7800 gtx... 2 gb ram... god i wouldnt be able to find what to buy with 2800 :) (o and i would wait acouple weeks to a month for ATI's new card thats gonna own the 7800 :) );

flame1117

banned
ME, if you pay up front(becuase i dont have an every 2000$ laying around to use untill i get paid back) I'll charge you the price of the parts and PARTS only, I personly enjoy building computers, fun to do, and i have the time. Since i dont do it as a living or anything I an't garentee anything, but unless i do something idoitic it should be fine.

TheNomad

if you really don't want to build, i would go emachines or hp and upgrade the computer a lot

i would really recommend building, you can find tons of guides online, and you can get a wicked sick computer for $2800

lokodezine

i bought ibuypower... got pc yesterday and no power... re hooked up cables and faulty mobo and/or psu... sending back...

So it was damaged in shipping. their customer service is below average. The tehinical support was blah.

Hopefully the pc will be sent back working

flame1117

banned
redrider773 said:
lol, ya, give $2800 to some guy you met on a forum. with no "garentee'"

I went more like if A single thing of RAM breaks opr something. If i ruined the whole computer I think i'd have to give his money back hahaha.