What is the best computer company or custom computer builder?

skidude

lokodezine said:
i bought ibuypower... got pc yesterday and no power... re hooked up cables and faulty mobo and/or psu... sending back...

So it was damaged in shipping. their customer service is below average. The tehinical support was blah.

Hopefully the pc will be sent back working

I've had a totally opposite expirience with them. Got the PC in my sig last week. Worked great out of the box with everything I asked.

skidude

Get a nice case from newegg, they have a wide selection, about cooling, it depends on the kind of hardware you are gonna have, like the more serious the hardware the more cooling you would want.

aexin

out of curiousity, how reliable are custom computer builders such as Ibuypower, Buyxg, cybertronic, puget systems, and such? And which one seems to be the best?

skidude

Take a look at my post earlier. It's either a hit or miss. I bought a PC from ibuypower and got it just last week. Mine was exactly as I ordered it and I am very happy. But, another guy said his wouldn't start. But, since it is under warranty, if you get a defective one they will fix it for nothing. It's really up to you, but if you do get a system and it worked like mine, you won't regret it.

skidude

Just make sure if you do get one from ibuypower to get "professional wiring" in it. I think that will boost your chances of it working. It only costs like 18 bucks more, but it is worth it. My case looks soooo empty!

Lax

VIP Member
newegg isn't the only site for computer parts, there are tons. I use ZipZoomFly exclusively just because there's no tax and free shipping. If you really want to deal hunt use www.pricewatch.com and look for stuff. They list all companies, so you have to use your judgement for which are reputible and which aren't.

lokodezine

to be honest I BUY POWER to me is a disaster. The Tech suppoer was so poor. They told me they would send me a mobo and a psu to fix my problem... I was like if I could build a pc why the hell whould I ask you... and I told them the problems and they had no clue.

They are paying for shipping to send back but I think I may just ask for a refudn and go through bestbuy becuase after this Im skeptical of buying from them especially after reading so many negative reviews...

I wish I could build it myself and save so much money and get something I really want.

skidude

Well, like I said, its either a hit or miss. My machine was one of those that they got right.By any chance, did you get professional wiring?? I think that might help with making sure it works right since their special technicians put it together. But hey, not everybody has good expiriences. BTW, the Dell you are gonna get is going to be FAST!!! :D

aexin

I'm looking at iBuypower and question whether or not to get one from them. I'm seeing a lot of poor reviews on cnet.com...

Geoff

VIP Member
dont get it from them, i got one from cyberpowerinc (same kind of deal), and the motherboard was defective, but luckily for me i knew how to install a new one (had to buy it myself). :(

skidude

Please.... give ibuypower a try. They have 30 day money back thing so if you get a defective machine and don't want them to fix it, you just give it back and get your money back. If you do, just be SURE to get professional wiring. I just want to give out a good word for them since so many people give bad reviews. But, more people give bad reviews because they are so mad with the company that they spread the word everywhere, while the people who got good machines are too busy having fun to write a review. Anyway, check out www.resellerratings.com/seller2001.html for more reviews. I think the last bad review for them was about 20 reviews ago.

Last edited:

aexin

I'm thinking about it. The only thing that troubles me is the fact that you are the only one I know who has had a good experience with them...

skidude

Well, geoff5093 bought from cyberpower, and the other guy was the only bad review here..... well, its really up to you, its your choice wheather you go for them or not, I'm just saying that I personally have had good expiriences. Maybe you will too.