What is the best computer company or custom computer builder?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it would be used for relatively high-end gaming and i've been saving up for awhile and i've got $2800
are you williing to consider building your own? it's not to hard really

watever u do do not buy from Alienware or Dell, they overcharge. but yea i guess HP would be ok.
all OEMs overcharge.

plus mine uses PCI-express, which is great for high end cards.
how so?;)

should i get the case from newegg?
get it from where you like... thats the benifit of building yourself

out of curiousity, how reliable are custom computer builders such as ibuypower, buyxg, cybertronic, puget systems, and such? and which one seems to be the best?
unless the product comes doa, they are reliable enough

dang i can't figure out what company to go with
build it yourself.

how am i supposed to know if the parts i select are compatible or not?
ask here :)

haha, just did a tiny bit of research on Dell, and they are the leading manufacturers in faulty pcs
well that tiny bit of reasearch would also note that Dell is the largest supplier of pcs to end-users... kinda like saying the car-company that sells the most cars also has the most accidents

frozenCPU is a good company too.
yes but they tend to be a bit expensive

what is the advantage of AMD fx 55 over the x2 series or a AMD Athlon 64 4000?
CPU 101

go for an fx series... just do it.
care to explain why?

skidude

Care to explain why?? Ummmm..... take a look at that Tom's hardware guide thing where it compares different CPU's. The FX sereis is like the top 5. I can't really get into the details and everything, cuz that is over my head, but from what I've seen online and what I've seen in many magazines (CGW, PC Gamer, etc.) the AMD FX series is the way to go (for now).